knitnana: It's Spring - There's No Doubt
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's Spring - There's No Doubt

These are popping up all over the front yard - they were one of my mom's favorites and I must admit that I love them, too!

Another sure sign of spring? Well...more Posies! (you may click to embiggen)

(If you love blue & white china as I do, this might be the one for you...)

But I am also partial to Spectator pumps and black and white!

And I couldn't resist this one. Most nana's love sock monkeys, I think.

These three have gone down to the Knitter's Knook. But if you absolutely have to have one, I suspect I can get it back! Or make more.

Why, um, yes. I did go to the Knitter's Knook today. Yes, I did buy more yarn...what? You want to know what I bought? Well, two more skeins of black and one of taupe Mission Falls 1824 Wool for the Log Cabin blanket. I hadn't realized how this was going to soak up yarn like a sponge does water.

*wink*

Still, it's going to be a yummy addition to my office. Now, if I can just find a nice chair for my knitting room/office - something to recline in. That's my next project.

I will tell you that I was very very good. I had a chance to buy enough Noro Silk Garden to make another Clapotis. I declined. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I had no idea how yummy Silk Garden is.

Of course, Becky did tell me all I had to do was pick up the phone and she'd hold it for me.

That Becky. She's such a good enabler...
:)
And I'm really really trying to keep my mind on my priorities. Chateau Morrisette next weekend with the Virginia Fiber Folk from Ravelry, and the Yarn Harlot in Charlotte NC the following week. Oh. And that reclining knitting chair, too.

But still...that was gorgeous Silk Garden...
(((hugs)))

8 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

It does look like spring, and you sound more your usual cheerful self as well... of course I love the sock monkey fabric! Have you ever considered a sideline of aprons? They are in the store windows downtown this week, retro and funky and cute and reminding me of your fabrics!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very nice Posies!

Turning down Silk Garden must have been torturous! I commend you on your restraint

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors of Silk Garden. But I don't love knitting with it that much. But I love the end result. I'm fickle.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

So I'm not alone in my love of blue and white china? That's good to know. :) Lovely new bags.

It's such a relief to see all the spring flowers finally popping up all over the blogs. I was starting to feel guilty with our early California flowers.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Beautiful flowers and bags Sallee, so springlike and fresh! Thanks for sharing.

Did you see a good local response to Earth Hour? We did, although most people I spoke with during the day, didn't know a thing about it. Why not on the front of the Sat. newspaper????

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

1:16 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Great fabrics! I do love sock monkey's!
Something happened to our spring today!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Well your post certainly has more spring in it then anything around here! Beautiful posies! :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I've seen a couple of Clapotis in Silk Garden. So decadent!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!