knitnana: Yarn..Yarn Harlot...Kitties!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yarn..Yarn Harlot...Kitties!

Or I could have called this "Misellanea Saturday" - but that goes better with "Monday" don't you think?

Today, pal Lynette and I trundled down the pike to Knitters' Knook...She was dropping off a few bars of her Enchanted Forest Soaps to see how folks like them, and I was in need of - yeah, you guessed it - MORE YARN!

It took a long time and a lot of trial and error, but Becky, Lynette and I finally decided to add these colors of Mission Falls 1824 Wool to my Log Cabin blanket. I think they'll be wonderful, don't you? (I also think we tried every single color - there are no others that would really work well with what I started out with!) This makes 4 shades of purple/lavender, two of blue, three of green, two of burgundy, the gold, the beige, the black - there are 14 different colors in all...I LOVE Mission Falls 1824 Wool. LOVE.IT.

And tho' it was very hard, I walked away without any more sock yarn, and no laceweight - that was so hard, because Becky has gotten Jojoland Harmony Laceweight. OH.MY! But I can go back, it will be there, or some will...yes...it will. Promise. (sigh)

She's also gotten in Louet. And Euroflax. And more Trekking. And Cascade 220 is coming. Ok...back to the blog. (sigh)

I'd asked our local knitting group if anyone would want to join me in a road trip to Charlotte NC on April 8 to see the Yarn Harlot. I'd been pretty disconcerted with the response - only a couple of people seemed interested, one of which couldn't go because of her work schedule (don't you know this is a TUESDAY NIGHT?). Charlotte isn't far, but it's still a 3 hour drive, and there's no way I can afford to stay the night right now. So we'll have to drive right back - it's going to be a hard trip, no doubt about it. So it looked like it was just going to be me and possibly one more, but that's an expensive trip with gas over $3 a gallon these days, so I wasn't holding out hope for this excursion...

But then at Knitters Knook today? Becky said, "Are you still looking for people to go?" And don't you know, she wanted to tag along. And then Lynette did. So the four seats of my car are now full! I'm tickled to death.

I simply adore Stephanie and have so wanted to see her. This is the closest she's come in all the times she's been on tour!

There will be a couple of folks who aren't very happy about this - it's going to disrupt their dinner schedules, you see...
Canned food is my favorite and it comes to my dish between 7 and 8 p.m. every night without fail
Yes...except when she's not here, CC, remember? We don't like it when she's not here!

Do you think I'm going to be in the doghouse on the evening of April 8/9?

Yup. Me, too.
(oh...contest results tomorrow, as promised! We do have a winner!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I really am jealous :(

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ooo, they're going to be so mad! It's worth it to see the Harlot though.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They'll be mad, but you'll have fun - hope you can get there early. :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Slip em some salmon when you get back, they'll forgive you :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Ooh! A Harlot excursion! Take lots of pictures please! :)

4:36 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

the log cabin colors are great. and its a nice yarn to work with.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What super colors for the log cabin! That is so great that you get to see the Yarn Harlot! What fun! :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, YOU may have gotten away without buying sock yarn, but I didn't! Glorious isn't the word for the Blue Ridge Yarn sock yarn, I bought....and I bought it BEFORE I finished the other socks! Now I have a stash! Oh, noooooo! I'm DOOOOOMED!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great colors to add to the log cabin!

I think debi has a good plan for dealing with the cats.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!