knitnana: A Glady to Welcome Spring?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Glady to Welcome Spring?

Ever since I got my Knitpicks Harmony Interchangeables Set I've been thinking of a case to keep them in. Frankly, I think the zippered bag they come in is pretty - eh - well, let's say less than appealing...

So last night I pulled some fabric (spring-time stuff, no?) and started playing around ... after several fits and starts, this is what I devloped:

A tri-fold case with ribbon & button closure. (approx. 8x5.5x2 inches folded)

With enough graduated needles slots for all the tips in the set, and a couple of extras, in the event you want to add the larger sizes KP sells separately. And then behind that, 3 cable/accessory pockets. At the "top" of the case, another set of 3 cable pockets. All those should give you storage space for end caps, extra cables, needle sizers, even the odd fixed circ, too...just about anything you could need to keep with your interchangeables.

So once I had the basic set down, I made myself one...

Of course, you should probably have figured I'd use a cat print?

The case folds in half, top to bottom, before you tri-fold it to close...

And all the pockets are made of flannel to protect the lovely pointy needle tips! (you can click on any of these photos to embiggen)

I'd love your feedback on this...and let me know if you'd like one for your very own interchangeables?

The Glady should be suitable for any interchangeables set - Denise, Boyes or bamboos... and the case will fit nicely into the pocket of your Mavis, Sadie, Grand Mera, or Knitnana bag! I'd be happy to coordinate the fabrics for a set, too!

(((hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful cases -- I'm really tempted. :)

I like how you make one for yourself and then add it to your line. That's the way to do it!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! Don't have the money right now but I will definitely need one. :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

these are lovely!!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

Ohhhh ... so much better than the plastic case that came w/my Knit Picks set. I vote 'YES!'

9:10 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I really like them! I'll have to send the link to everyone in my knitting group - a bunch of bag ho's... ;-D

10:29 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I would so love that case for my Denises...the clunky box they come in is hard to tote...besides I just love everything you make! :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

Great idea and I'm not at all surprised you'd come up with it. Love the cat prints. :-)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love it and I'd love one of my own!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa [strickerin] said...

I just found your lovely blog through the Ravelry forums as my second knitpicks set arrived today. I am not very keen on the pouch so was looking into what all the crafty people out there are doing.

Your solution is beautiful.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!