knitnana: Goody Goody!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, March 03, 2008

Goody Goody!

It was another payroll day so very busy at work, but I was delighted that Carole agreed to let me post this photo of the bag that will be on it's way to her tomorrow:

The Chocoholic Grand Mera! I love the way it turned out!

(I always drool over the fabric - NO, Carole, not literally, I promise! - but the chocolates look so REAL!)

But then I was drooling over something that arrived at my office today that I've waited a long time for. The last two balls of Kidsilk Haze for my own rendition of The Earth Stripe Wrap from Rowan 42:

I've been collecting this yarn a couple of balls at a time since the magazine came out last summer. The two balls of Trance (only one of a couple of the colors I chose that were actually called for in the original design) have been on backorder for almost 2 months! That's what you get, Rowan for creating a design everyone wants to knit!!

(oh, I know, they're crying all the way to the bank!)

What colors did I pick? (You see I look like death warmed over in the greens and browns of the original)
Trance
Smoke
Night
Hurricane
Violet
Dewberry
Mist
Splendor
Candy Girl
Blushes

I'm hoping I can keep myself from starting on this for a bit - I've got to get some socks finished, and Helsinki from the same issue of Rowan Magazine.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

The bag is beautiful - looks like you chose the perfect lining fabric, too. Can't wait to see it in person!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Barbara-Kay said...

Beware: I have a Meezer that thinks KidSilk Haze is "kitty crack". I kept it from her the whole time I knit a lace scarf. The first time I wore it she exclaimed "Wow!", and grabbed it with her long arm. A 50 cent-sized hole resulted. Sigh.

(She doesn't bother with other yarn, but I don't give her chances. When I run to the girls room, knitting goes on the mantle, out of reach.)

8:55 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Carole's one lucky grrl!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yummy bag!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Those colors of KidSilk will look lucious in that wrap...yumm...chocolate...yummm..a delicious post all around. :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Mmmmmm, chocolate :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Those are beautiful colors, and will look fabulous in the wrap!. I bet it will just float around you. Rowan kidsilk---It's got to be LOVE! Can't wait to see it in person when you start it!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh... Those colors are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see what it looks like knitted up (which I know is not very supportive in terms of helping you to avoid casting on -- what can I say? I'm selfish that way!).

5:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

All that Kidsilk Haze has me reaching for a bib. *drool*

3:31 PM  
Blogger Meg Wolff said...

Hi Sallee,
This is off the subject, but I'm posting a quote on my blog that I read on the bottom of one of your emails awhile ... forgive quickly. I liked that. I put a link to your site. I can't find your direct email ... sometimers!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

What gorgeous colors of Kidsilk Haze! I'm the same when it comes to colors, and those will be smashing.

Beautiful bag!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!