knitnana: The Longest Week - TGIF!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Longest Week - TGIF!

Remember last weekend when I said we were having Very Important Visitors at the office? (at the risk of making you think I'm fabricating all this, I'm going to come clean and let you in on it all...)

In addition to my routine financial audit this past December, in January we had a state fiscal audit (hadn't had one in the 5 years I'd been there so we were overdue). And this week?

The Feds were in. Now I know that probably sets off all sorts of alarm bells. (I'm an accountant...I know what that stuff sounds like! LOL - And NO, they did not lock the doors...!)

In reality - they hadn't been in to review anything in an even longer time than the state had been (and this wasn't a fiscal audit, thankfully, it was a program site review - they asked me questions, of course, but they weren't into the knitty gritty details of the stuff I do, they wanted policies and procedures which I can quote till the cows come home without having to look in the manuals! STILL it's stressful to have them here, not to mention that the office I'm in is the only room large enough to hold all of them - so I got to share my space (and I'm usually completely alone (and I like it that way, I'm really something of a hermit, after all).

They left yesterday - and gave us a glowing report! Whoohoo! (Of course, deep down I wasn't worried, but I'm someone who expects the worst so that I'll be delighted when it doesn't happen...)

I'm giddy. Truly.

And perhaps now things will settle down a little bit. I don't think there's anyone else to come in to visit! The Women's Health Study is still going on, so there's that complicating factor for a few more weeks, but that's not so bad.

Is it any wonder I come home and sew and knit? There's got to be some sort of stress relief.

Tomorrow? Saturday? (After I sleep in a bit) I'm heading to Knitters' Knook in Boones Mill, because Becky is having her official Grand Opening. I hear there will be a SALE, and refreshments and door prizes.

I have a few things to deliver to her - a couple of these are already spoken for, but you know the drill - email me if you're interested and I'll see what I can do, okay?


And this got mailed out this week to one of my good cat show customers (she breeds Tonkinese so the brown and aqua colors of this neat fabric are important to her!):

You've seen this fabric before in a LynZel and also a Grace. This is a Grand Mera. It's one of those fabrics that works on everything I put it on! Love those, and they're not the norm at all...

Anyway, I've managed in all this craziness to get my taxes pretty well completed (whew!) and still take care of my DGS (#1), and even have a few conversations with friends.

And now? I'm not even sure I dare pick up Helsinki. I'm tired. I'm heading to bed...

'Cause there's a sale I've earmarked a bit of extra cash for tomorrow and I just can't wait! I think, maybe, I deserve a bit of a splurge!
*wink*

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad the sewing helps you de-stress!

7:41 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Oh, how I wish you'd stop posting pictures of bags with fabrics that make me covet covet covet...

12:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad the audit went so well!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!