knitnana: Only Mid-Week? (sigh)
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Only Mid-Week? (sigh)

Wow. By Wednesday, I'm really wiped out now that the first three nights of the week are devoted to daycare duties. DGS#1 is heading to kindergarten in the fall, and he's not as far along as I'd surely like him to be, so we spend time each evening doing some of the little things (that hold his interest) that will help. But it's tiring after a full day of work, and then there's the fixing dinner, and settling him down for the night. When he's not in the mood - for anything, and that happens some times - it can be a real trial. Tonight he was wired from a wonderfully sunny day and did not want to come off the pre-school playground.

I'm not as young as I used to be. I can't run after him (and don't think I should, anyway). But he really is hard to corral! So our evening started on a less than happy note. Fortunately I had a couple of errands to run, and his mood improved a little when we had to wait in line at Barnes & Noble and he could look at the bookmarks...(Please, to any of the Gods and Goddesses listening - I do tend to cover my bases, doncha know? - would you make sure this young man becomes a reader?)

Last night we read one of my favorite children's books, The Mousehole Cat(pronounced Mowzel), and he seemed to enjoy it even tho' I'm sure he has no idea what a "stargazy pie" is!

He also surprised me last night (at a stoplight) that he could do some simple math - holding 5 fingers, take away 3, what's left? Two. Had a moment's hesitation when I held up 4 fingers and took away 2. What's left? giggle. What's left? Count my fingers? Two??
:)

Anyway, he did go down to sleep earlier tonight so I was able to go into the sewing room and make this for Sydney! Her prize for winning my contest last week:

I wanted to make sure that her case had the closure Glady will have for everyone. And I also added a little "nicety" to this one that has improved the case overall...
Each of the circular pockets are secured with velcro.

When I first started making bags, everyone told me I should use a velcro closure and I refused. Because in a knitting bag that can be a problem. Yarn snags hard on velcro.

But. The Glady is a different animal all together! Those six pockets are closed with the velcro down INSIDE the pockets...and then the open edge of the pockets are folded into the center fold of the case, then the case is tri-folded yet again. Yarn will be hard-pressed to get to that velcro! I think it's safe...

So why did I stop at B&N tonight? I called this a.m. to reserve a copy of the Yarn Harlot's new book, and was told it would be 3-5 business days before it arrived. Later this afternoon, they phoned to let me know it had arrived...
I can't think of a better way to recouperate once the young one has gone home...a glass of Merlot and a book of laughter...

From what I can tell? She's got another winner on her hands! Three cheers, Stephanie!

10 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's a long day for you. I'm glad you got to relax with Stephanie's book and a glass of wine.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I think all that extra learning really makes a difference. You are a wonderful Grandma! I love all the little extras you added to the Glady...I can't wait until I can order one. :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pretty!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Velcro used correctly is a wonderful thing!

Yes, young children are exhausting! After my two go to bed, I'm always wiped out. :-)

12:40 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Cute, cute, cute with the kitty bags. By the way, a glass of merlot sounds divine!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great accounting of life with a preschooler! I know what you mean about not being able to keep up the same way:) I am so glad you will soon have an *autographed* copy of the Yarn Harlot's new book:)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Sallee, you always find the best cat fabrics to make the prettiest bags!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

You really deserve that glass of Merlot. Three cheers to *you*, Sallee. :)

4:11 AM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

You sound the most wonderful grandma and I bet DGS thinks so, too! That fabric is just delightful and what a great idea to work it so that the velcro can't snag onto the yarn. Hope you enjoy/enjoyed the Merlot and the read! Sounds just the ticket! :-)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You're a good grandmother!

Love the fabric on the Glady. Glad you got to relax with some Merlot and the Harlot.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!