knitnana: Winter Returns?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Winter Returns?

It's been cold and drizzly and damp, and yucky today (yesterday was sunny and cold), and it looks as if our spring has retreated. Of course, in these parts, it's kinda normal. Sometimes I think Arizona or Hawaii would be a nicer place for someone with Lupus...at least the change of seasons' ups and downs would be easier on the joint pain...

This was a work day for me, the fabrics for bags being cut and assembled for the first steps of creating a Nana Sadie Rose original...and lots of mundane tasks, laundry mostly, fixing a batch of baked chicken to add to a variety of meals during the week, including a variation of "grilled chicken Caesar salad" that includes my all time favorite dressing, Kraft's Fat Free Ceasar Italian.

But I couldn't resist working on this:

I'm not sure I like where I placed this next "log" of curry (the gold), but I'm already working on the next color, the mid-range purple. I am thoroughly enjoying (ok, addicted to) the cushy feel of this Mission Falls 1824 Wool. No question that part of the reason I worked on it was the fact that it's almost lap size now and it was a tad on the chilly side today - so this was welcome warmth! (Big Sis's second sock has also turned the heel and I'm starting on the patterning of the cuff, but that's boring so I won't show it yet...)

Dear Daughter stopped by for a bit, bringing my replacement MP3 player - the first one didn't work with my new laptop (not exactly sure why) and so this was the solution...she showed me how to "rip" music and "sinc" it to the MP3 player (if I'm not saying this right, forgive me, I'm new to it all...)

My Michael Buble and Mandy Patinkin CDs are now on my playlist.
;)
She also kindly took me to Panera Bread for a late lunch, with a decaf mocha latte. I'm so going to pay for that. But you know, we had a good time, which is a major thing for us...(actually if you leave us to ourselves, we usually do okay, it's when we have an audience that things seem to deteriorate quickly!)

Tonight, watching Keith Olbermann's 5 year anniversary show on NBC, The Meezer decided to make a claim for my lap...Oddly enough, my lap isn't quite big enough for the "portly" Miss Meeze...

How could you say such a thing, Mommie? Portly?

It takes one to know one, I guess, huh?
(sigh)
So true, Miss Meeze...heft seems to run in our family.

Oh geeze. It's almost Monday again. And I guess I'd better go get the last load of laundry out of the dryer.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That log cabin blanket is so lovely!

Panera bread is so yummy. I've never tried that particular treat though.

9:15 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Didn't you love the questionnaire for the next leader? I was laughing so hard I wheezed!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That blanket is GORGEOUS!!!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Bianca said...

I agree with Jennifer - the blanket looks cozy :-) Maybe I'll work on one too... it is cold here as well

5:26 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I think the log cabin blanket is beautiful and I like the placement of the gold color.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the colors in the blanket! Meezer...it just means there is more of you to love. ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh I love that picture of Meezer. She really looks like she's giving you the evil eye.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Your knitting looks beautiful Sallee, love the color combo so far...I can relate re: Meezer's conundrum. Mr. C is ahhhhem, quite a lapfull too LOL.


Huggs, G

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The log cabin blanket is lovely. I like the colors. I have a blanket that I've been knitting on forever. It's nice and cozy to work on in the winter, not so much in warmer weather.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean about the technology - why doesn't it work, what do those wierd terms refer to. I'm always kind of amazed that I manage to blog, when I don't really know what I'm doing (and I still can't figure out how to put buttons or rings on my blog). Oh well. Yours is lovely.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Spring has retreated a bit here too, sigh. I love the Log Cabin, and know you will get a lot of use out of it; Mission Falls is probably one of my favorite knitting worsteds we sell at the shop... maybe I should consider a log cabin in their cotton? You must be doing somewhat better than the Meeze, since it is YOUR lap that was too small to accommodate her.

7:19 PM  
Blogger kat said...

I love the way your log cabin blanket is coming along!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!