knitnana: Bags, Cats, Grandsons...and Knitting? Huh?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bags, Cats, Grandsons...and Knitting? Huh?

Lately, Wednesday night almost feels like Friday - it's the end of the week from the standpoint of the time the grandson stays with me! We stopped tonight at a park and he played on the playground equipment for a bit. It was a lovely spring afternoon and he deserved a chance to do something little boys do (this nana has been without kids so long, there's not much for him to do at my house!).

And I worked more on the Log Cabin Blanket while we watched the news. Tomorrow is Knit Night, so I had to get it to the point of starting a new color and having the next color planned to take with me. All is set for that.

And then bags are done...these are for a woman who LOVES butterflies (I know, you couldn't possibly tell, now could you?).
This is the most realistic butterfly print I've seen in a long time...in the Mera "purse" size...
and this one, I'm in love with myself, partly because I love all the colors in it, but also because lavender butterflies are the symbol of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus...

Wednesdays are also better for the cats...especially The Meezer. She is not partial to little boys...

I don't like the flash either, Mommie

What? No Flash?

Then I'll just stick my tongue out at you on general principle...

(sigh)
She does have attitude, doesn't she?

The next post may well be after my knitting trip to Chateau Morrisette in Floyd on Saturday. Approximately 20 of the Virginia Fiber Folk on Ravelry are converging to spend the day touring the winery, eating lunch there (and tasting wine), and knitting (I'm taking something really, really simple to knit!), then on down to Greenberry House in Meadows of Dan...for fiber and antiques...

And of course on Tuesday next week, we head off to Charlotte NC to meet/hear the Yarn Harlot.

I don't know when I've been so caught up in such wonderful fibery pursuits! And I will fill you in and take lots of photos, I promise!

And I finally get to meet Kimberly! I am so excited...we've been "online pals" for a bit...

6 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Meezer looks so cute with her little tongue sticking out! Sometimes Scheyer will sleep with his tongue sticking out. I wish I could get a picture of that. :)

Have a great trip!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You have a really full schedule! It's a good thing a lot of it is fun, fun, fun. :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

The Meez is premptively sticking her tongue out for your leaving her for your exciting pursuits...she'll get over it tho! Have fun wine tasting!

Love the bags too! :)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Lovely butterflies! Awww Meezer looks so serious! I'm glad you've planned some fun...have a great, safe trip! :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I love the butterfly fabrics.. they feel so spring-like! Glad you and the grandson found a pursuit you both enjoyed.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Have fun Sallee!!!!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!