knitnana: The Road to Recovery...

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Road to Recovery...

I stopped by One Fine Yarn the other day...looking for a pattern for the grandsons' Christmas gifts and couldn't stop with just one...had to finally get the Seascape Shawl that I've been promising myself for a long, long time. Don't have yarn yet, nor am I ready to queue it up, but I adore this. It's probably going with a lot of other patterns in my "collection." Like Judy, I'm a Yarn Collector, but I'm thinking we need a button and a category for stashing all those patterns we're going to save for the day we retire and really can't afford buy those, either! lol!

I think knitting those little guys in the other pattern just might be the antidote to my frustration from last night - thank you all for your votes of confidence and your attempts to console me. I'll be fine. Catharina is going to take a break for a bit - time out in hibernation!

Oh. Yes, the patterns came in a USPS Priority Mail envelope. Do you recognize what's in The Meezer's paws? She was delighted to find a new one!

Mommie? Stop pointing that camera and play with me...

8 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Soon you'll be able to open a shop just to sell used shawl patterns!!! We should nickname you the Lace Princess!! How about posting an inventory of your shawl pattern stash so we can take a peek?

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

I just call it "saving for retirement." Sort of a 401K plan for knitting. 401knit. Yeah. That's the ticket.

I love the Seascape shawl. I had a hard time picking between it and the Pacific Northwest shawl.

What yarn did you get for Bee Fields?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The joys of a curling pull strip! At least that's what I think Meezer is playing with.

Those toys will be cute and fun to knit. Lovely shawl pattern, too.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Buying patterns is such a display of hope. That's a good thing!

2:51 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I have a huge collection of shawl patterns and I'm not sure I'm ever going to get to all of them. But I'm hopeful! And looking through my patterns is always so inspirational.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

Patterns...yarn...roving...I just need to admit I'm an addict... LOL

Meezer needed a new one...I'm sure it has a lot more snap then the old tear strip >^..^<

11:23 AM  
Blogger kat said...

i am a total pattern & book hoarder...we always joke about my library

7:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Addicted to tearstrips....

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782