knitnana: Progress!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Progress!

Well, I don't have any photos tonight. Sorry.

I've been so busy with Posy Sock Sacks - all weekend! But I met the goal I set for myself at the beginning of the weekend, and I'll be mailing out a dozen of them come Tuesday! There are still many to do...but I'm on target. Whew!

Ok - on the knitting front? I've heard over and over that Clapotis is such a great knit. I HAD knit it before (not completely, as the first was frogged due to nasty yarn) so I knew it was a great pattern, even tho' I did have a time because of the yarn. But with Fleece Artist Sea Wool? I am not sure I can find the words...but I'll try:

Soft, sexy, sproingy. When I first bought this yarn, I thought the colors were: red, purple, green, yellow. Umm. Well, yes, those are all there. Along with a complete array of tonality from across the spectrum. There are pinks, to reds to burgundies, lavenders to deepest amethyst, the blues fade from teal into the greens, and the yellows go to gold and into the reds again.

My Clapotis will be a rainbow, there's no question. I've only dropped 4 stitches (I can't seem to knit on anything else right now, and I'm knitting after a full day of sewing, so maybe that makes some sense?) I'm a little concerned that I won't have enough yarn, so I'm going to make it shorter by knitting fewer repeats of the straight section - has anyone else done this? For fingering weight yarn I've got 700 yards and most everyone says they've needed as much as 900 yards for it. I'm holding my breath, but I'm into the 5th repeat of the straight section and have a long way to go before I break into my second skein...

(Oh...and I'm using my Addi Lace Needles which are just wonderful on this) What a terrific knit this is...And yes, The Meezer thinks I spend entirely too much time on it, and on the sewing, as well...
(((hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Hmm... I have 875 yds... but I'm only to the first set of increase rows. Yes I set the sweater aside (do you know how hot it is with 14 inches of solid wool on your lap on a day like this?!?) but will pick it up when the weather gets a little cooler.

I hope we have enough yarn!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Okay...I'll have to knit this one! Everyone talks about it.

I hope to finish my Pi shawl tomorrow though. And after that I need to work on my master knitting stuff.

I can't wait to see pictures of you progress!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

The Clap sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. Isn't that Sea Wool nice stuff? :-)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Maybe you should see if your LYS can hold a third skein for you in case you need it? Better to be safe than sorry!

I have a few skeins of the Sea Wool but haven't knit up any yet.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I did take a big gander at that yarn the other night and loved all the colors! It will be a beauty!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love everything Fleece Artist makes! Your Clapotis sounds like it is going to be lovely.

I made a Clapotis from 550 yds of Blue Heron Rayon Metallic. I knit one fewer repeat from side-to-side, and one fewer repeat at the end. I still had to throw in a few extra decreases to make it to the corner in time - not noticeable in the finished product. I had 3" left. That's 3 INCHES.

You might want to see if you can scare up another skein. Or you could knit two fewer repeats and make it, I think.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

It sounds like you are knitting a lapful of gems! You will be able to wear this with everything you own, and will look stunning wearing it with black:) Have you checked Ravelry to see about your yardage issue? This has got to be one of the most widely made items.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm still trying to decide on what kind of yarn I want to splurge on for the Clapotis. It's a good thing you don't have pictures today. Otherwise I might empty my small wallet on some Sea Wool!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

I'm using 3 skeins of Schaeffer Helene for mine, so approx 700 yards of worsted weight. I am doing fewer repeats, widthwise and as many as I have yarn for, lengthwise. It'll be more of a scarf than a wrap, but hat's ok!

Can't wait to see yours!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!