knitnana: Full and Busy Saturday!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Full and Busy Saturday!

LOL. My toes got a lot of attention in yesterday's post! I wore sandals today, so you know I had to have that pedicure!
:)
My day started with sewing, then mailing packages and making deliveries, and finally arriving in nearby Blacksburg to meet my gentleman friend. I got there a little early. I've never been to Mosaic, the yarn shop near the campus of Virginia Tech, but I have dearly wanted to go. I thought I'd get there a little early for my lunch date, and browse.

So I did. But only with a few minutes to spare, so I discovered they were open till 6p.m. and promised to return. And oh my. Just LOOK what I found?

That's Fleece Artist Sea Wool. The colorway is missing on the tag, but is a lovely vibrant rose/yellow-gold/blue/green and I bought 2 skeins (700 yards!). And what do you think I'm going to do with this? Well, Sandra, who works at Mosaic said it was perfect for Clapotis! Well...that's all it took, you know! :)

So I know you're dying to know how lunch went? I think we both had a lovely time...So we'll see...

The Meezer's not speaking to me. You were gone a long time, today, Mommie.

12 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Well, I'm jealous! I haven't been to Mosaic yet. A Clapotis would be just right for that yarn and a perfect look for you! Glad your date went well too. Sounds intriguing!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Pretty yarn! I'll bet your pedi won him over :)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Oh that is beautiful yarn! it sounds like you had a good Saturday!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad it went well - and that you got yarn, too. :)

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely yarn!!! Glad the date went well - and Meezer will forgive you soon!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad lunch was fun.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

How funny... I bought yarn to make a Clapotis on Saturday too! But I was off in Bedford at Yarn Theory! (however, sadly, I did not have fresh manicured toes OR a lunch date :( )

8:31 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

Yyayayaya on the nice lunch date! I'm so glad it went well ... nice guy?
Beautiful yarn! It will make a lovely Clapotis.
No, I still haven't updated my blog but working on Ravelry and re-inspired me to knit again. Friday there should be a big update with news and such.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oooh! Clapotis! I see you've found the perfect yarn for it. I'm still searching for my perfect yarn for that project.

I'm so happy that your lunch date went well and I'm sure that the Meezer will get over her miff in no time.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Vouray said...

Glad to hear the lunch went well...and that you enjoyed Mosaic. We try really hard to make you love us!!!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Clapotis is a fantastic and fun pattern! Have fun knitting it up! I am dying to get my hands on some sea wool. *sigh* Some day...

7:41 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I had my fingers crossed the whole day for you. Glad it went well! Your yarn is luscious! :)

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!