knitnana: More Birthday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

More Birthday...

At the risk of making you totally green with envy...I thought I'd show a little bit more of the birthday stuff I have picked up (and is arriving a bit at a time...). I found this shirt at the cat show over the weekend, but Pat didn't have my size either with her at the show or at her brick and mortar store in Fredericksburg VA. I was deeply disappointed....(the color really is a lovely petal pink - I cannot for the life of me adjust the color in this apartment - the walls are all a "barely butter" and the lights are 60-100 watt bulbs in the ceiling fixtures only)

Pat emailed me yesterday to say that 2 shirts in my size had arrived THAT day, and did I want one (as the other was already sold). I jumped. It was, after all, my birthday and when offered such a find, one can't risk saying no, then changing one's mind a day or so later...the "find" will be long gone, by then...But I really WAS surprised when it arrived in the mail TODAY! Wrapped in cat happy birthday tissue! Thank you, Pat! I love it!
Then a couple of weeks ago, I was noticing that this kept popping up on blogs all over - Wendy's in particular, so I decided to see if my local bookseller had it and they did!

Finally, I've purchased this in a used version (NO, NOT at that ridiculous Amazon price, and I got the hard-bound for $15 - Amazon is really really nutty on prices of what THEY call "out of print" books. They're usually just "hard to find" or "from independent publishers."). I was completely intrigued after noticing it on a reading list in this entry on Anne's blog. Since I love the way her mind works (and the breathtaking designs she comes up with - and yes, Bee is on my list!), I thought perhaps I would enjoy this particular book...math and science have never really been my strong suits.

And yes, I know you think accounting is math, but you're not quite right - it's mostly a language, a set of rules, and I'm very good at those - I have a calculator for the hard stuff...lol! - but I've always been intrigued and I'm finding myself more and more drawn in as I get older...maybe it's knitting, but I saw my mom do the same thing, and she wasn't a knitter at that stage in life. So maybe it's realizing that there's more to this world than meets the eye...a certain order that is beyond the everyday understanding of things...

Folks have sent me extra-nice "birthday trinkets" too: a box from fellow Hokie, Kimberly, included a skein of orange and wine Hokie laceweight (I think, perhaps, a lace scarf?) and Ruinwen sent a Knitpicks gift certificate which is earmarked for a couple of items I've been wanting for lace knitting...thank you both for your thoughtfulness (and extravagance!)

I'm feeling altogether spoiled rotten.
(((hugs)))

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Late Birthday! Sounds like everything is falling right in place. :-) That book looks like the Abstract Algebra class I took in college. It was interesting stuff to put math equations to patterns. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Neat t-shirt! I have a somewhat similar black version from the American Humane Society that a friend gave me when it didn't fit her. Big *GREEN* cat eyes staring out. I love it!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

if anyone deserves to be spoiled rotten, it's you. :-) let me know you like that book. i've been on the lookout for it!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Looks like you made out in the 'new stuff' department, Good for you!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Such fun birthday goodies!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! You deserve to be spoiled:~D

11:41 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You should be spoiled rotten on your b-day! Glad you have been showered with gifts and great finds...you deserve it! :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Six Degrees said...

Happy belated. Looks like you got some very nice treats!

1:15 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

just enjoying the loot via internet!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Oh, shoot! I missed your birthday? How could I? I am behind again, have the morning off and am trying to catch up on my blog-reading. Happy Belated birthday and love the cat shirt.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!