knitnana: Contest Announcement!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Contest Announcement!

I want to thank everyone for they're lovely comments on the posts so far this week. I know you're looking forward to learning more about this celebratory contest - WELL - Tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of the first bag ever created by Nana Sadie Rose (aka Moi!). And here is the very first Nana Sadie Rose bag:
Before you innundate me with emails, there is no more of this fabric (other than the occasional fat quarter on ebay which sells for astronomical amounts of money!) and this one is mine. I've used it for three years (did I say my bags hold up under pressure - this is the proof!)

So why a contest? Just because it's been 3 years? Well...not exactly - you see during the preparations for the Star City Cat Show I've finally made my....(drumroll please?)

500th bag!

Yes you heard right (I'm a little impressed myself!) FIVE hundred bags. In three years.

So...in honor of that, there will be a contest. Tomorrow I will post the bags I've been working on - each will have a name. And you're going to guess which one of them is the 500th bag! Ultimately this will be inside it, but you won't get to see it except right here! (remember the rose from earlier in the week? It's a card, and this is what's written inside...)


Do not start to guess yet, okay? When I post the photos tomorrow, they'll be numbered and the bags named. You'll have a few days to email me at siameezercat AT yahoo DOT com to tell me the bag you think is #500. What will you win? Well, that's for another post, but I think you'll like it...more to come...

Geesh, Mom, you're really working this one, aren't ya?

13 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Holy Cow!!!! 500, I can't even begin to imagine and you kept count!! That's a lot of thread going through that machine and lots of fabrics, buttons and the cutting, whew!!! Congratulations. I'll be waiting to guess which lovely bag gets to be #500.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

How exciting!! and what a great note to find in your bag :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Wow! That's a lot of bags! I love the fabric your first bag is made of. Too bad it's so rare!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL - you ARE really working it!!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Man, I wish I had some sort of sewing Goddess in me... I don't think I'd ever be able to make 500 bags!!!, but I can aspire to dream...

Can't wait for your contest!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big 500th! That really is amazing. And you're still going strong.
I had some of that fabric, too. If I remember, it's Alexander henry's Haiku Cats, and it was available in creamy yellow, black or red backgrounds. Of course, I could be wrong, but it WAS expensive.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That is amazing!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

How exciting!

10:25 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Oh, I do love roses (and your bags...) 500! Amazing. What an accomplishment! 500 bags and a loyal (ravening) fanbase!

11:39 AM  
Blogger kat said...

congrats. what a fabulous milestone!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Wow! I'm impressed. That is an average of over 3 bags a week! Your bag is beautiful, too.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW 500 bags and going strong! GO NANA GO!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Beautiful bags!!!! : )

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!