knitnana: Are You Bored Yet?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, February 05, 2010

Are You Bored Yet?

This is the fourth snowstorm that I've posted a similar photo to the one below:

What isn't shown? That I had been out 4 times to shovel the walks, clean off the car, and then clear away the snow from the car that landed on the driveway. I even shoveled half the driveway three times. This shot is after I've come back up the walk the last time and soon after this, it changed to sleet. We have about 7 inches at this moment, and there's more on the way in the second stage of this storm coming from the midwest. We could get as much as a foot in total by the time it's finished, tho' it's sounding as if it will be less (maybe 3 more inches).

So I'll have to go back out tomorrow to shovel some more. (If you're not bored, yet, I certainly am - Spring, anyone?)

And Big Sis? She's in DC. She was supposed to have a recital for her music students this weekend. As of mid-day, she was still holding rehearsals. She's irrepressible! But they're supposed to have a possible 30 inches of snow and blizzard conditions with high winds between tonight and tomorrow night, so I'm not holding out hope for Sunday's recital...

Today, I've also vacuumed and mopped the floors on the lower level of the townhouse today. I suspect that I've come close to earning enough activity points to offset the Sangria Swirl I had last night...and I'm feeling it, too. Hopefully I'll not be too lame tomorrow to finish the shoveling!

Then while watching the news tonight, I've come within spitting distance of finishing the Claudia Socks. I've decided tonight to sit back with jazz on public radio tonight and this:

Seems like an almost perfect evening to me...and just in case, I've charged the MP3 player and am about to download another CD. Because we're also due to get those high winds, and I don't want to sit here in the dark without music to enjoy...
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

We had a quick rain shower in Key West today....

8:31 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Sounds like you have a good evening planned!

Please be careful shoveling all that wet snow!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I hope you aren't hurting yourself with all that shoveling! It does turn out to be a great form of exercise.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to charge your MP3 player when you go to bed tonight. If you go out of power, at least you'll have a full battery. Hope it doesn't come to that!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

Enjoy your snow. Maybe you should just stop shoveling and enjoy being snowed in. Some nice person will do it for you.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

17" at last count here...

Take care of yourself and stay warm.

*hugs*
:)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Elena DeRosa said...

I'm beginning to think that if I posted the same snow pictures and just changed the dates no one would even notice ;)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!