knitnana: Things Are A Bit Crazy!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Things Are A Bit Crazy!

I've been sewing up a storm, and pal Lynette and DD have been working on my website. We all had a working dinner tonight to address a few remaining issues - you may place an order, but don't be concerned if you get an error page? Something's not quite right and the two master web gals can't figure it out, BUT you WILL get an email saying the order has been placed and I'll get an email about your order! So I'll get right back to you within 24 hours, so not to worry - email me if you don't hear something!

I have gone to an order only system. When I started Nana Sadie Rose, I only wanted to sell ready-made bags. I quickly learned that it was smarter for me to make a few and sell at shows, but mainly take orders for what my customers want - the personal touch is what you all want! (Me, too, of course!!!)

So now, you'll place an order with me and I'll get in touch with you about all the arrangements and confirmations. I hope that's agreeable to everyone!
*wink*

So tonight, DD went off to a Halloween party and Lynette and I came to my place to knit. I finished another dishcloth (that makes 20 now) and Jane tracked down an address to send them to, so they'll be wending their way to California this week. For so very many the devastation will take a long time to repair and restore. We've already heard that the simple handmade dishcloths mean so much - that someone cared enough to make and send something.

So...soon after Lynette left, I knew an ebay auction was going down on something I needed, so the only answer was to stay up. I had bought plastic tubs for yarn storage at least 2 weeks ago, and I decided that the best way to spend the 30 minutes or so till the end of the auction would be to sort yarn out of boxes and into bins.

First up was the dishcloth cotton (there are actually a few more partial balls downstairs...) and I think keeping them in a drawstring Knit Happens bag is smart for now.

This 73 quart container holds all the yarns I've bought for shawls. Not just laceweight, there all weights of yarns purchased with the intention to make a certain shawl from - there's worsted wool, cotton twist, DK weight Zephyr, fingering Rowan tweed, Elann's cashmere silk blend in fingering, laceweight in all sorts of yarns and colors from Knitpicks and many other companies, too!
it's a BIG box!

I have some 20 quart containers for sock yarns and such. Here are the "manufactured sock yarns - Trekking XXL and others...

Then here, the hand-dyed yarns:

If you can imagine, Nana Sadie Rose, creator of the Rose and Oressa needle cases? Well, she has one Oressa that she uses daily, but that Oressa is bursting at the gils with crochet hooks and dpns. Now I'm knitting with socks on two circs...well, something has to give, there are so many needles and stuff! So till I can come up with something (and I will!) they've got to stay out of the way. You see, The Meezer has begun to develop some not nice habits...like taking hold of the end of the yarn and moving off with it...batting around a fallen dpn (or pulling it OUT of the Oressa case!)...(I've lost ONE size 10.5 - I think it's under the bed...where I discovered a felted wool slipper, a knitting book (and oh, my, I must dust!)....


Now these boxes should tell you that I made a little headway in organizing the knitting room/office. Very little. But progress nonetheless.

Where were the girls during all this? Well....

They were having a party (I'm always the designated driver...er photographer:
It was another of those wicked weed parties - the good stuff I grew on my balcony at the old apartment. It's still amazingly potent...and the kitties wanted to cut loose and share some good kitty hootch...

The Meezer really wanted some of what the Calico Curmudgeon had...

But obviously that look is 'What part of MINE don't you understand?'

As blissful as she later became, I'd have thought she'd be more inclined to share...

But it turned out The Meezer didn't need it, as she was in her own state of grace...

(((hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Good for you for organizing your stash! Any progress is good progress. And if you need any help with anything like.. say minimizing the stash, well I'm more then happy to help. I'll bring more catnip for the ladies! ;-)

2:32 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I recognze that grody pink elann yarn! Cut your losses and ditch it NOW!

Cute kitty girl pics :)

Hugs back at ya!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Wow! All that sock yarn! You have definitely built up a 401K(nit) stash.. I'm in the process of organizing yarn too - I have to keep track of what's mine and what is K4 yarn to knit & crochet for charity. When we moved here 22 years ago, I had two of the 6 cubic feet wardrobe boxes full of yarn plus a couple record size boxes. When we move over to Mom's house, I know I'm going to have way more! {g}

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You're brave to flash stash - I'm just pretending I don't have any. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Nice stash. And kudos for organizing it! The cats are adorable as ever. I think that is the most relaxed I've ever seen the Meezer. :)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great work on the dishcloths...well done. The kitties look like they are having a hooooowl of a time!!! Ms. Mitz and Mr. C. send best headbonks!

4:02 PM  
Blogger kat said...

man that is a lot of tuff but it alwayys feels better when its organized

4:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, what lovely stash to bathe in...errr I didn't say that, did I?
I think I am developing a stash fetish at the moment :)
Hugs to the kitties, and of course to you!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful yarns! I'm trying to knit up most of my sock yarn stash. It's going to take a while.

Wow! The kitties had a good time!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!