knitnana: I'm Home Again!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm Home Again!

And have a LOT to share!
I took off at the last minute last week to attend a symposium at George Washington University in DC on Lupus. Most of you know I have SLE and when I had the opportunity to attend this, as a representative for my office, I jumped at the chance! It was an informative day, and I'm glad I made the trip!

The night before I left, I joined in on Knit Night at B&N with my friends, and THIS was on the newstand (I have to say that many of the issues available were snatched up by our members that night!)

Then, before I left on Friday, I got a few minutes to share with Dear Daughter who has moved back home with her family. They gave me my (belated) birthday present (the CTH SuperSock in Northern Lights below) - I love it, Honey!

Also in that photo you can see the program for the National Symphony Concert I was able to attend with Big Sis and her friends last night - my SECOND time seeing the amazing Midori in performance - Wow! Tho' I'm not normally a Bartok fan, it was excellent and a good time was had by all...
The Potomac was brilliant in the sun on Friday (and again on Saturday when I was able to stop and get this shot...

We also managed to stop on Saturday at my very favorite DC area yarn shop! and here's the haul...

The Fleece Artist on the right is for a pair of socks for Big Sis for Christmas - yes she already knows...but I managed to completely forget to measure her feet! (sigh)
The two balls of Kidsilk Haze go in my stash for the Earth Stripe Wrap, and the IK Winter 2005 issue was serendipity! I'd asked my Knit Night group if anyone had a copy they wanted to sell (of course, not!), and then HERE was a back issue at Knit Happens, just waiting for me...Whee! Why, yes, I'm considering the Pearl Buck Swing Jacket.

I always have fun with my Big Sis's cat when I visit - he's the sweetest cat, tho' his voice leaves MUCH to be desired...he's one of those loud and raspy cats. Still such an old softee...

You went away and spent time with that instead of staying here with me?

I know one of my girls had a bout of tummy trouble while I was gone, but tho' I have a suspicion who...I can't prove it....

I know, and I'm not telling you...that'll teach you to leave!
The Meezer

6 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

The Meezer looks awfully ticked at you for consorting with her "cousin".. Glad you had such a good time and were able to find so many treasures. {{HUGS}}

7:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pretty sock yarns!

Chaos's mom has one of those really annoying cat voices, too - whining and raspy and loud. Chaos is loud, but much more conversational sounding. May mostly trills and chirps.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

How serendipitous to find the exact magazine you were looking for! I'm so glad you had a good time. Meezer's "cousin" looks like a big hunka love. I had a cat that sounded like he was choking whenever he meowed. It was quite odd and extremely startling. Luckily he mostly the strong silent type.

3:45 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, I just love the different cat voices: from chirps and trills and short, sharp rasps to sweet, melodious sentences full of intent!

Meezer meant no real harm, I'm sure.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meezer is so expressive! We once had a dog who could make her back look grumpy like that.

9:53 AM  
Blogger kat said...

Anything you are planning on making out of the holiday issue?

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!