knitnana: Where Did It Go?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Where Did It Go?

Where the heck did my weekend go? *wink*

OH yeah...here:

A pretty floral in ivory and brown Mera...

And I know you don't believe I can, but I really DO know how to make elegant bags - here are three Kerris (the PERFECT size for evening...)

There are several Posies, too, over on Nana Sadie Rose's blog. You might want to take a peek!

As for knitting, I'm working on Wool Peddler Shawl (Peace Fleece in Sheplova Mushroom), the first of a pair of socks in Claudia's Ingrid's Blues colorway, and I cast on tonight for the first of what I hope are a bunch of toys for my grandsons for Christmas...it's going fast, but obviously I can't post photos of that. (Tho' if you're on Ravelry you can see them - once I take photos and record the project there - as my Dear Daughter can't get there to see them! Tee Hee!). I'm as stressed as everyone about the problems with toys made in China, and after visiting the toy section of my favorite Tar-gey, the other day, I said, "Nope. Not THIS Nana!" I think everything I saw said, "Made in China," and while I'm old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" meant "cheap," I don't think it ever meant, "can make your child horrendously ill..." (sigh)

The only other thing I did this weekend (besides a visit to the vampire for routine bloodwork) was begin to think about doing something in my knitting corner. I picked up several clear bins to house my stash, everything is placed in the general area, though I've a long way before I can say "organized."

I had managed to get the chair here a couple of weeks ago...

Of course, you should have heard the fuss when I tried to unseat Her Highness tonight for a little knitting time! And I'd no sooner moved to start this post than she was back....
Whose chair? I'm telling you, it's MINE!
The Meezer

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

So, how is the Wool Peddler shawl working out in the Peace Fleece? Can I see a photo? Please?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The creation of a perfect place to knit is directly proportional to a pet also considering it a prime place for sleeping...we have no chance!
Glad the stash organisation is going well :)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

The Meezer looks perfect on your new chair unfortunately for you. I have one chair in my home that is a cat magnet. I get up for a moment and that chair is guaranteed to have a cat on it the minute I get back. Funnily enough if I don't need the chair, they don't find it nearly as attractive.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tote is just beautiful!

I can relate re: cat-chairpriority LOL....Mr. C is also a wool fan big time....he can sniff out knitting needles faster than any cat Ive ever seen. The Mitz is NOT amused.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I think the meezer looks like a princess, how dare you usurp her throne, INTERLOPER!! :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great Nana... I think that is a very wise way around the problem, as well as looking around for American-made toys. I will have to send both patterns and links!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Oh boy, I see my bag over there at Nana Sadie Rose's place!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!