knitnana: NoSoKnit 2007!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

NoSoKnit 2007!

Another fabulous NoSoKnit has come and gone. I'm always astounded by this event - this year was it's tenth birthday! Just so much fun...For those of you on dial-up this is a picture-heavy post, I'm sorry!

Again this year, the Roanoke Valley Knitters & Spinners commandeered their favorite table - we laughed and chatted and ate a terrific box lunch:

Admission to the event has traditionally been one charity item and it's limited to 100 knitters. Here you see 200 knitted items we all produced to donate to three local charities (ok, yes, some of us are overachievers!):

There were three vendors invited again this year, and this photo shows Orchardside from Raphine, VA...yes, I'll admit I purchased from all three vendors and I'll show you what I bought...hang in there!

Participants also clean out their stashs for acrylic yarns for the Alderson WV Women's Prison Knitting/Crocheting project - here's a view of the bagged and boxed yarns heading to the Prison in a volunteer's PT Cruiser...

Yarn and knitting vendors contribute to the goodies bags that each participant takes home from the event, here are most of the items from mine this year - we each got a skein of Claudia's Handpaint! That colorway is Poppy, and I'm considering what color to add to that for a Chevron Scarf...Any ideas?

We each contribute something for a doorprize and everyone takes something home. This is mine...yes that is two skeins of Bartlett Yarns 100% Wool. I'm thinking a felted bag...

Now to show you what I bought - I was remarkably restrained (and I could have been sooo bad...). From Orchardside I snagged 3 skeins of Cascade 220 and a skein of Donegal Tweed Homespun - this is for a Booga Bag (only I choose the striping!) in the colors I love for fall/winter...black, gray, and plum.

And this is a skein of the perfect sock yarn for me...Blue Ridge Yarns. The hand-dyed colors are lavender, grape, olive and sage green. Very cushy...This was from Misty Mountain Farms.

What did I knit while I was there? Well, I took my ChrisYarn Feather & Fan second sock (which is almost done), and then I picked up an Addi circ from On The Lamb Yarns in Staunton so I could cast on my Wool Peddler's Shawl.

So now I've started my 5th Folk Shawls shawl!


It's amazing how exhausting it is to knit and shop and eat! lolol

I've photos of Nana Sadie Rose bags to show (some Posies!) that I'll try to post tomorrow. And I want to say thank you to Pam for waving around her Chicken Posy at NoSo today - I had orders immediately, and met a lot of folks who apparently visit here (and at my website) who were interested in ordering!

Now...how about those of you who visit? Well...why not post a comment so I'll know you're out there???
(((((hugs)))))

6 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Ooooo!! Neat door prize - those colors are close to what I used for my first Buttonhole Bag. And I love the colors of the sock yarn.. Glad to hear that you had fun..

5:37 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

it was great fun!

I'm trying to post my day at NoSo but blogger and I are having a difference of opinion when it comes to photos... soon hopefully it'll be up!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous day!! I spent 7 hours outside a Walmart selling cubscout popcornwith several cubscouts! I'm wiped out!
Love your yarn take!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very good day Sallee, even a great door prize to take home...even better! Thanks for sharing. :)

1:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a very fun day!!

The Posy arrived and I love it!! Thank you. :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Looks like a fabulous time. What if you tried a yellow yarn with the Claudia Handpaint? So it will look like a flaming scarf.

I really love the Blue Ridge Yarn you got. That colorway is gorgeous!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!