knitnana: Too Pooped To Percolate...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Too Pooped To Percolate...

Ok. That title probably dates me badly - who remembers percolated coffee? All who do say "Aye!"
lol
I wanted to show you the only thing I bought at the National Capital Cat Show this year...I was completely bowled over by this artist:

The title of this print is Bookmark and I don't suppose I have to tell you just who we all know and love that does exactly this (another reason I rarely read anymore)...?
Seriously, Jamie S. Perry is a talented caricaturist - and I doubt you could have read my blogs very long and not known that I'm enamoured of the art form - especially where Siamese cats are concerned? She does a lot more than just Siamese, too...

Tonight, because I am really tired, this is how I spent my evening - listening to a book on tape (you know, I'm going to books on CD...because so many of the library's tapes have really had it and I'm sick of pulling mangled tapes out of the player to rewind with my pinkie, praying all the while that it hasn't snapped!) and knitting a dishcloth. Ok. A heart dishcloth. Somehow it seemed terribly appropriate for Anne of Green Gables: a little girl with so much heart to give...

OH...by the way. Stop by and put your two cents worth on Becky's contest - she's needing ideas for some Rowan 4-ply she purchased.

I apologize for a post that lacks any *spark* tonight - not to mention the less than good photos - but I just ain't got it in me...maybe tomorrow?
(((hugs)))

10 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Great title, and I DO remember... percolated was the only coffee anyone drank when I was a kid and I couldn't understand why... luckily drip became trendy as well as better coffee. Hope you get lots of rest.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I love your new print - it looks like the Meezer holding a spot in the latest book you're reading. I think that there's still a small coffee percolator over to Mom's house. The last time I had coffee fixed that way was in North Dakota where they dropped an egg shell into the pot to settle the grounds that had slipped through. It was awfully good coffee considering, but I think I'll stick with instant Nescafe {g}..

11:40 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I have notecards like that. Aren't they the best? My nana had a percolator and I used to love the way it sounded in the morning when I slept over her house.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

"Aye!"

7:05 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I've always thought percolated coffee was better! We actually used one for a long until about a year ago!
I do love that print too! Mine are always wanting to get right in front of what I'm doing be it knitting, reading or the pc!

8:41 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Love the print! Cats can not believe that you really want to pay attention to anything except themselves...

I don't drink coffee, never have, but my parents did, and I do remember the sound of the old stovetop percolator.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Very cool print!! I love it!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh I love that print! It's simply gorgeous!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Rest up! That print is fantastic!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can see why you couldn't resist that cool print!! :)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!