knitnana: Did You Miss Me?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Did You Miss Me?

Wow. What a whirlwind! We're home, the show was good, the drive back got us caught in the front with lots of downpours (THANK YOU, Dear SIL for driving thru that!!!)

(Oh, and we took advantage of the trip north to stop at Kohls - no Roanoke doesn't have one, can you believe? - and um...well, let's just say, I celebrated the fact that this fall's colors are MINE again, after years and years of having to make do with what I already owned! Yes, I will have a few new things to wear - thanks to the buy one/get one free sale!)

So I thought maybe you'd like to see the booth? Here's a shot of the space with Big Sis and Dear Niece on the left, and SIL on the right.

Then I tried to do a better job of getting the banner and cut everyone else out of the shot (I never said I was a good photographer...one can't be good at everything, dontcha know?)

I have to thank our next door booth neighbor for taking this shot of all of us. That's me in the ponytail, and my Dear Sis-In-Law, too.

My Dear Niece makes greeting cards from fabric - she is amazing. She picks lovely fabrics, appliques them to the cardstock, adds her own artistic flourishes and accents, and makes them so unique. They are blank so you can add your own sentiments...

I love her cards so much, and if you're interested, just let me know via email and I'll get you in touch with her! Because this was the cat show (like her Aunt "Nana Sadie Rose" she focused on cat cards, but she does all kinds!) - those flowers in the back? Their faces are tiny cat faces...DN majored in art and is doing this "on the side" in hopes of supporting herself with her art one day!

It was a good show. We saw so many good friends return this year for new bags, bringing their friends with them. And then new customers (breeders and other vendors, too!) who bought on Saturday and liked what they got so much they returned to either buy another bag, or order more, some folks even thinking ahead (very very wise) to Christmas gifts. (And if you're thinking that way...well...maybe you'd best let me know soon? lolol!)

All I can say is, it's a good thing you came back. I was about to come looking for you. That is. IF I could have gotten the front door open. I do so wish I had opposable thumbs.

14 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

The booth looks *great*!! Glad that the show went so well. Even happier that the Meezer doesn't have opposable thumbs or she'd have taken off looking for Mommy!! {{{HUGS}}}

8:58 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The booth looks very pretty and just perfect for Nana Sadie Rose. It's great that you have some many family and friends to share the fun!

Have a wonderful week!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Welcome back! Of course I missed you but not as much as The Meezer, I bet!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Looks like fun! Did you get a chance to look at the kitties? I bet you had lots kitty lovers buying those kitty bags!

10:57 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Welcome back. Great pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! Your booth looks fabulous!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Wow, you are a top notch business lady!!! Sounds like it went fabulous and you've got more sewing to do. Did you also see some beautiful 'real' cats participating in the show?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad to hear you had such a good show!! Heh, I am SO glad that kitties don't have opposable thumbs... Sorry, Meezer.

8:36 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Sallee, so glad things went well for you at the big show! Welcome home for a little R & R and a whole lot of Meezer >^o^<

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

That's a terrific shot of the four of you and the booth. Glad to hear you had such a terrific time. :-)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The booth looks fab! I'm so happy you had a good show and that you found a great sale! :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I missed you!

Glad you had a successful show once again! Who wouldn't love those pretty bags!

When you get a chance, could you email me again on how you make only your post titles show on bloglines? I'm sorry I can't find the other email :(

5:59 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Don't you all look snazzy in your matching pink shirts?!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Mera said...

Wow Mom! The booth looks great, I love the banner, and the PVC stand really does the trick!

Gosh, I've been out of it for a while, huh? :) Miss you bunches... Wish I could've been there with you.

Glad the trip went well tho'.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!