knitnana: Color Meme...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Color Meme...

via Deb from Kristi. I thought it was interesting...if you want to participate, please do and link back to Kristi!

1. What is your current favorite color? Purple & Pink & Teal/Aqua

2. Had your favorite color changed over the years? The Teal/Aqua is new

3. Is your current favorite color one that is currently trendy? (Do you see it in the fashion rags or on the clothes rack or in the linen aisle right now? How about 5 years ago?) The browns and….(pink/aqua/melon) combos are great to look at but I can only wear the brown away from my face – I had NO browns in my wardrobe (and little aqua) 5 years ago…

4. What is your favorite color combination? Black, gray, aubergine, lavender.

5. Is that combination a popular one? (Is it use in prints you see in the stores and catalogs and magazines now? How about 5 years ago?) I discovered that those colors are at least popular at Kohl’s this fall – and promptly purchased 8 tops to work with black/gray bottoms I already had this past weekend (there was a sale, what can I say – yes, a good sale!)

6. What is your favorite way of using color in your knitting? (Are you a stranded knitter? Do you prefer simple stripes? Do you prefer just accents at the hems/collars?) I love self-striping yarn, but have not done stranded knitting at all. The only knitting I use more than one color in has been the ripple afghan, the chevron scarf, and the entrelac bag.

7. What colors look good on you? Pinks, Fushia, Purples, Reds, blues, black, gray. And forest green. I had my colors done in the 1980s, too (I'm a "light solar winter" which means I wear the pastels as well as the saturated forms of the colors of spring & winter), and anything else looks awful, makes me look ill (and frankly, affects my state of mind, as well…If I don’t look healthy, I don’t feel it either!)

8. What colors look bad on you? Green, brown, yellow, orange

9. Do you wear colors that don’t look good on you just because you like them? Very, very rarely and only if they are not close to my face - people ask if I'm feeling sick when I wear colors I shouldn't :) *I’m directly quoting Debi here, b/c it’s also true for me!

10. What is your favorite neutral color? black/white/ivory/tan/brown/gray – if brown or gray do you prefer cool or warm versions of those or does it matter? And, how dark? Black, Gray, Navy (the darker the better…)

11. Is there a sweater pattern that uses more than one color that you’d like to make, but you wish to change the colors from what is published? If yes, which one? What do you not like about the published colors? Not a sweater pattern (as I’m a shawl wearer – and don’t care for sweaters, but I’m changing the colors in Kaffe Fasset’s Earth Stripe Wrap to my palette.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Great meme! We must have similar coloring, as can/can't wear the same colors. I hate it when someone says I look pale and sickly--no beige, brown or orange for me!

Have a great weekend!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

A fun meme, non?

I changed my color analysis to the 90's when I thought about it ( I didn't have it done as a teen, LOL) And I was told I'm a Spring that can wear the deep shades and red too (as long as it blue undertoned, not yellow or orange)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

What a fun meme! Yellow and orange don't look too good on me either. I tend to look either a little jaundiced in them or like a pumpkin. :-}

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!