knitnana: Instead of Sewing...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Instead of Sewing...

Odd how old habits die hard? I used to come home, toss down food, and sit at the sewing machine for several hours...now the sewing table looks like this!

Lots of reading/listening matter...But WHY oh WHY don't I have the new KnitPicks catalog that everyone is talking about? I had to go to the website and see that the new Harmony needles were there, they were fascinating, and the sizes I might buy were out of stock. Will I ever get another KP catalog? I've bought from them - they've delivered to 3 addresses for me since I moved. Wouldn't you think I'd get ONE catalog? I've even updated my address on both the website and via the phone! Don't they love me anymore????

Maybe they'd rather I take my business elsewhere? (sigh)

Diana was kind enough to order the one skein of solid bulky WOTA I needed to finish a Christmas present...
Sorry, but I won't pay shipping just for 1 skein. I was willing to frog and do something else with the yarn.

We're existing in a wary truce tonight - CC has managed to climb up onto the bed without getting attacked by the resident bed warden...

But I'm not sure how long this "peace" will last...

The only one allowed on this bed besides me is MY Mommie...

8 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Poor CC - every kitty knows that the absolute best place to sleep is on Mommie's (or Daddie's) bed. She looks quite comfortable there even with the ongoing glare from the Meezer. We're having standoffs of our own - we brought Mom's cat Sadie over here last night and while there's been a lot of kitty-cat type "swearing", no fur has flown yet.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Let's hope the truce continues for some time to come!

6:31 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Meezer, what did you learn in school today? Sharing!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

If you're a regular customer and you call KP and tell then you only need one skein they will sometimes waive the shipping!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Poor kiities. My new vet recommended that plugin scent thingy that emits relaxing kitty scents. Does that make sense? I've seen it at Drs Foster and Smith and I think at some pet stores. I'm going to try it this winter as Callie has been stress grooming. I heard that it also helps some cats relax and get along with each other. They're too cute to not like each other!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I don't think I have the new Knitpicks either and I love Pieceworks but am currently not getting that.
Kitties look all comfy!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Maybe KnitPicks is helping you stick to a craft budget by not tempting you???

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....I can relate Meezer! We have a new addition to the family and I am NOT impressed. He's even shown up on Meowmie's blog, WHERE is my latest pics pray-tell???

I am glad to see you again M, and will be back to check out the news on this CC feline that has apparently invaded some of your fav spaces.

The Marvelous Mitz returns

Meowmie says hello to your Mom and thanks her for stopping by earlier. We are back!!!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!