knitnana: Finishitis & Other Trivial Bits...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Finishitis & Other Trivial Bits...

NoSoKnit inspired me to complete a couple of things last night and this morning during CBS' Sunday Morning as I woke up with my coffee...

Voila! This is the fastest I've ever knit a pair of socks!
Start Date: Sept 18, 2007
Finish Date: Sept 30, 2007

Pattern: modified Wendy's Generic Toe Up Socks w/ Feather & Fan motif (modified b/c I can never remember to switch and do row 3 as purl in the pattern, so I just knit 3 rows and do the pattern row! lol)

Yarn: Chris' hand-dyed 100% merino in deep purple/burgundy - scrumptious yarn and I think that's one reason they were finished so fast...I couldn't wait to see how the next pattern rows would look, how the changes in striping would develop. Thank you so much, Chris, for gorgeous socks I'll enjoy wearing a long, long time!

Needles: my trusty Crystal Palace bamboo dpns size 1. Oh! I saw Pam's KP Harmony needles (the girl bought the full sets of double points AND interchangeables)...I'm sooooo green with envy and now I can't wait for the few pair I ordered to arrive! I may be a convert. They seem really really nice, but I haven't KNIT with them yet...I ordered two pair of the size 1 fixed circulars, as well as dpns - because I think I want to try this socks on two circs method, at least once!

Then last night, I was a bit perturbed with myself. I'd planned to take this hat with me to NoSo yesterday and it got squeezed out of my Posy Sock Sack - but this is Christmas, so I needed to get it finished (I hate feeling totally unprepared this close to the holidays). So. I finished it off before bed last night - and no, Diana I ended up NOT needing that forest green skein of KP WOTA Bulky. Hmm...guess that means someone else is going to get a hat this year? A solid green one? lololol!


Pattern: Seaman's Cap modified by size.
Yarn: Knitpicks WOTA Bulky Fly Fishing colorway
Needles: Denise size 10
(the pattern calls for size 6 & 7s and worsted weight. I upped the yarn size so I upped the needle size and didn't change needles as directed! lol)
Started: July 2007
Finished: September 2007
I started this hat twice - the first time was a different pattern and I knew I wasn't going to have enough yarn - well I probably would have, because that one didn't have a ribbed cuff. I'm new to hat making - tho' I've made a bunch of them recently!

Joann's had an online coupon for 50% off recently, and I finally decided I wanted to buy this...it came this week.

I haven't used it yet, but I will!

And lest you think I've abandoned my business, let me assure you that's not the case...here are some of the Posies that sprung up after Bernie came home from her R&R trip on Tuesday...

These, of course, are spoken for. I'll be posting photos of these and others over on Nana Sadie Rose BLOG shortly...

AND...just in case you were trying and having a lot of problems with my original website (I'm soooooooo sorry!), the Portfolio option is finally functional. We're working hard to get the order page up and working with the PayPal cart, but till that's ready, you can shoot me an email - it's on the top of the screen on NanaSadieRose.com and we can do your order that way - I'll just shoot you an invoice via PayPal for now?

And of course, you can always email me at the gmail account listed up above in my sidebar!

We have opera tickets today, so I'm scurrying to finish things up before that! Have a great rest of your weekend!
(((hugs)))

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The socks turned out great!!! :D

12:34 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh my word! You've been on a tear, haven't you Sallee. Nicely done on all FOs.

I say hooray for Joann's coupons too. I used a 50% off plus free shipping to get my blocking board :o)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm lovin' those socks! But Christmas? Don't say it's Christmas! *ack*

3:49 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Wasn't it *just* Christmas? :)

Love the socks and the bags of course!

You should try magic loop too! I MUCH prefer it to 2 circs, I hate all that stuff dangling!

Just when I thought I owned all the needles I will ever need, here comes harmony! I ordered a 32" 1 and 2 for magic loop so we'll see... :)

3:06 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Neat socks. I love the feather & fan pattern and used it on several of the lace shawls with & without the right-side purl row.

9:56 AM  
Blogger 17th stitch said...

Wow, I adore that bag on the right. Blue - batik, is it? - with swirly other colors, very sophisticated. That might be the bag that finally convinces me to take the plunge...

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!