knitnana: Bad Knitnana!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bad Knitnana!

I feel as if I'm neglecting my blog, but life is spiraling out of control these days (so it seems, at least).

DD and family have given up on New England and returned to the Old Hometown, have been working to find jobs, a place to live, and settling the kids. It's been a huge switch for me, as things are normally pretty quiet around here, and now there are THREE LITTLE BOYS to visit and play with!!!

I'm trying to sew. I'm working a lot more at my day-job lately (yes, it's year-end, but I'm also a co-leader on a small portion of a nationwide study in conjunction with a major medical college, which is not my normal routine, as I AM the accountant, after all! Just an accountant with an advanced degree in education - like that means much nowadays? But it did to this medical college!).

And then there IS this little thing called Christmas (I know, I'm not supposed to remind you, now am I?)

Here's one thing I'm working on. Some of you will recognize it. PLEASE - don't give it away in the comments or you'll not see much in the way of knitting on my blog for the next two months - I'll have to keep it all secret! lolol

But I can tell you it's the first of three. *wink*

And it's a hugely fun knit. IF you are on Ravelry, and are not sure what this is, you can go look me up and see it in my projects. But please don't give it away?? DD reads my blog. And I want HER to be surprised, too!

Tonight I've been knitting and counting out loud. Someone else, however....

has been a lazy-bones.
(((hugs)))

15 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Delighted to see a progress shot....

9:34 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I knew they had moved back but I didn't realize they were staying with you. That must be a big adjustment for everyone!

9:55 PM  
Blogger RoxanneZYG said...

Hee hee...the Meezer! So darn cute.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

The kids aren't living with me - I didn't say that well at all, huh?

But they're in the same town and quite needy - especially the 2 older boys who haven't seen me in so long...they need NANA! (ok heck, I need them too! lol)

And that DD is around a lot, too...hmm...think she missed me?
*wink*

10:17 PM  
Blogger Ariel said...

How fun to have your family back close by. Enjoy yourself!!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love that progress shot! I can't wait to see the finished item. I know I'll have to wait till after Christmas for it though and my lips (fingers?) are sealed. :-)

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That IS a big adjustment to have happen, especially after you're gotten so settled.
And Lazy Bones looks adorable.

8:22 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Meezer: Such a satisfying stretch! It's definitely cat yoga.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great pic of Meezer! Glad you have little ones to surround you with love. Family is the best. :)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are swamped! Hope things settle down soon. Thanks for the feline advice, we will keep these suggestions in mind. Huggs...

1:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, look at the poor exhausted Meezer.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

What a great pic of the Meezer!

I hope things settle down for you and your family soon, hunny!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Gave up on New England?!?! But it's soooo nice here. Especially this time of year.

I'm going thru the reverse of your life currently. My daughter and son in law moved over an hour away after living 15 minutes from my house for 5 yrs. After having been able to jump in the car anytime and visit with my grandkids it's a huge adjustment to only get to see them about once a week.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It must be wonderful to have your family close again :)

I have no idea what the fuzzy wuzzy knit is...

Meezer is such a cutie pie :)

Ally Pally was excellent, so good in fact that I now have the yarn for several Christmas presents. Why do I think that some of them may be given in kit form! :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Christmas is closer than we think! I need to get busy too!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!