knitnana: One Word 2014
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, January 02, 2014

One Word 2014

From Expressions Of Spirit, the second Niyama of yoga:

Santosa - Contentment

"... modesty and the feeling of being content with what we have. To be at peace within and content with one's lifestyle finding contentment even while experiencing life’s difficulties for life becomes a process of growth through all kinds of circumstances. We should accept that there is a purpose for everything - yoga calls it karma – and we cultivate contentment 'to accept what happens'. It means being happy with what we have rather than being unhappy about what we don't have."

In 2012, I chose the Yoga yama ahimsa or nonharming. I worked hard on not harming my self. (Since I tend pretty routinely to turn things against me, rather than project them outwards, and always have.) It's a word (and philosophy) that I'll be working on to the end of my life, I expect, and that's okay.

In 2013, I chose joy. It's probably pretty evident why I chose it. And joy will continue to fill my days.

But this year, I chose the yoga niyama santosa because I'm trying to come back to my voluntary simplicity beliefs, trying to corral my propensity to overspend, and trying very hard to learn where my personal "enough" is (if you're not familiar with Your Money or Your Life you might want to check it out. I can recommend it).

So there's my one word plan for 2014. And it is enough. Santosa. Namaste.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Santosa is a beautiful intention for the new year. I wish you all the best in manifesting it!

My "word" for 2014 is expansion. It's time to dream a little bigger, expand my aspirations and efforts in several different parts of my life.

As always, I enjoy reading your blog. Happy New Year to you and your sweetie and kitties!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What a wonderful word to found your year's intentions upon. Content is surely one of my favorite states of being. I am still meditating upon my word for the year...

11:02 AM  
Blogger Bonny said...

I wasn't previously aware of it, but Santosa really encompasses quite a bit - peace, contentment, acceptance, enough - all things that we all need to be aware of. Thanks for teaching me something new.

My word for 2014 is mistakes, inspired by Neil Gaiman! http://highlyreasonable.blogspot.com/2014/01/make-more-mistakes.html

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!