knitnana: Blogblast for Peace

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Monday, November 04, 2013

Blogblast for Peace

Every year, Knitnana has participated in the Blogblast for Peace that Mimi Lennox has sponsored.

I don't often talk much about it, but I'm a Peacenik from way back in the early 70s. Black armbands, and peace signs and beads, "We Shall Overcome" and all the rest. I haven't changed much in all these years, I still agree with Jon Lennon that it's possible, tho' very difficult to Imagine.

I think it still is, tho' I think it's getting harder and harder. A group of like-minded folks make a difference here every year, but I wish we could spread it farther, longer, wider, deeper.

Tonight will be a meditative evening for me as I ponder, again, the possibilities of world peace. Let's all try to give it a chance?

4 Comments:

Blogger Maxwell, Faraday and Allie said...

Hi Knitnana, thank you so much for this post and for participating today! It's so nice to meet you! We, too, are a Tonk and a Meezer (okay and a tuxedo girlcat, too).
~Faraday and Maxwell, from A Tonk's Tale

7:27 PM  
Blogger Travis Cody said...

Peace to you and yours on this and every day.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Knitnana - You are an inspiring peace blogger in my book and always will be. Thank you for being here and using your voice in this movement.

You are #4270 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at @ blog4peace.com

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

12:30 AM  
Blogger rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

May we all cling to the seed of Imagining … until it sprouts and sinks deep roots.

Peace.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste
I honor the place in you, which is of love, truth, light, and peace.
When you are centered in that place in you, and I am centered in that place in me,
we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782