The topic this week is: Ten Things I Did This Weekend. Well. Since this weekend was the one My Sweetheart and I dubbed our "getaway and relax" weekend, we actually did a few fun things, tho' the "getaway" part was done mostly locally!
1. Friday night (we had the day off on Friday, to make it a long holiday weekend), we attended the Michael McDonald Pops concert with the RSO (Roanoke Symphony Orchestra). A rollicking good time was had by all. He's still got it.
2. We woke up bright and early on Saturday and headed to Radford University for the Highlander Festival. We'd heard about the parade of the clans (shown below), and the games. We were pretty blown away by the guys that tossed 52 pounds over 20 feet, and such!! We also planned to make it to the Sheepdog trials, but if they had them, it was after we left.
3. My Sweetheart bought a sports cap in a neat black & gray tweed at the Highlander Festival. He looks really good in it. Tho' I suggested it, he didn't purchase a kilt. :(
4. I drooled over Oberon Designs leather and silver at a booth in the vendor area.
5. We had a fancy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in town, Coach & Four. We want to find a restaurant that is "ours" but this one isn't it. It IS one I love...so we went, and crossed it off our list as "ours."
6. We went to see "Enough Said," at the Grandin Theatre (this is a reclaimed old theater that's been revamped to have 4 theaters inside. I was surprised to see the original ladies room still intact. And the stalls are still microscopic! The movie was delightful, so if you get the chance - go!
7. We stopped at my LYS, and picked up black Berroco Ultra Alpaca to make a cowl for him. I picked out Knitspot's
which has instructions for a hat, mitts, and cowl. He likes them! (That photo there is before I caught my error in the pattern. I've since ripped 2.5 rows back. Sigh)
8. We came home to leftovers from the prior evening's dinner, and then I cast on for Creel and actually counted out the 140 stitches correctly the first time! (that NEVER happens...)
9. Monday we ran The Meezer to the vet. She was in need of her physical, and we discovered that now she must have a dental. This isn't something I like to hear...she's 12, and getting older, so the risks are higher. But she really does need to have 4 teeth removed, so we'll get the bloodwork and see. Hopefully that will indicate that she's healthy enough for the tooth removal.
10. And then the last thing we did, was to shop for a recliner for me for the upcoming shoulder replacement surgery. We found one. And a certain someone bought it for me and now I get to make room in the bedroom for it so I can get used to sleeping on it. Yes. It's a La-z-Boy! My Sweetie is pretty special, if you ask me.
It was a good weekend...and there was even knitting! :)