This week's topic is "Ten things You Miss About Your Own House When You Go Away."
And when you consider I do this many weekends nowadays, I've really had a bit of experience at it! So here's my list, thoughtful, and hopefully a bit provocative? Oh well, maybe not...
1 & 2. The Cats (this should count as two, because there are two of them and I miss them equally...they make me PAY when I return, too...The Tonk is a needy ball of jello "LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, YOU WERE GONE SOOOOOOOOOOO LONG," and The Meezer is miffed - for about 5 minutes, then she can't wait to glue herself to my side on the bed!!)
3. My own bed. (And not because of the cat glued to my side, either) If there's one thing I've learned very well with this romantic relationship it's that two people will have two entirely different tastes in firmness, softness, squishiness, height of the bed itself, heck, even BEDDING. I miss MINE. :)
4. My stash. Why is it that suddenly, the minute I'm 50 miles from home, I think of a new project I want to start? Or I realize I don't have the right needles with me? (I do pack things pretty well, but still, I make mistakes)
5. My reference library. We can have some interesting conversations, that's for sure, but there are many, many times when I wish I could just step into the den and pull a book from MY shelf! To look something up, to prove my point, or to clarify it, it matters not - I want MY BOOKS.
6. My computer! I make do with my iPhone, and it's great, but I still wish I could sit down and look at a FULL-SIZED screen! I can use My Sweetheart's laptop, of course, but as with most laptops, it has a thumb pad. I've never mastered them, and they end up being more aggravating than not...
7. My closet - yup, you guessed it, even thinking through, a day or two before, what we'll be doing over the weekend, I will get there and either have forgotten something or some other option will offer itself and I won't have the right clothing - an example? I have TWO bathing suits. TWO! Neither of them were with me the day we were invited to join friends in their hot tub. (sigh)
8. I've missed the Fresh Market grocery at the top of my hill...but the good news is they'll be getting one in My Sweetie's town soon. We love their ready-made salads and soups. Since we've been painting, we've taken to grabbing quick food - and it would be so nice to have those ready-made salads!!!
9. My CDs. I know, I'm terribly behind the times. Everything should be on an iPod, right? It's not, I don't even have an iPod (yes, the iPhone is an iPod, but...). It's not even in the Cloud. It's on my shelf. Enough said.
10. Last but probably most importantly (other than 1&2, of course), I miss my bathroom setup. I know where everything is, I'm used to working in that space - any other place, be it My Sweetie's bathroom, a hotel bathroom, a family member's or friend's place? Is not set up as I like it. (I don't adjust well when I move either, btw...) I am, like most folks, a creature of habit. And it's just so good to be back in my own bathroom with my own nooks and crannies and comfort zone.