My niece has taken up knitting, which pleases me no end, and she's developing a small cache of needles (surprise, right?). She (and then her mom) asked me about a 10" straight needle case. She already has an Oressa double point case. Well, my niece isn't the only one asking and so, I decided it was time to get one into prototype:
I'm really pretty happy with this, except for the fabric I used for the pocket. That grid of squares is printed on the fabric ON THE SLANT. It is an adorable print, but there was only so much play I had available. The pockets should not ever be placed any other way than perpendicular or aligned evenly with the grain of the fabric. But in so doing, those squares don't line up one bit. I adjusted a bit, but...
Anyway, there's one row of pocklets to slip your straight needles into, and a nice "folder-over" flap at the top to help them stay put when rolled up...
It will slip into most of my knitting bags rather nicely (I believe it's a mite too tall for Posy, tho...)
I also finished an order today for a Glady:
Anyway, it's now time to head to bed, I've got Pandora on my Nook and I think I'm going to listen to a bit of Diana Krall before I hit the sack tonight.