knitnana: 5K's, Raptures, and Other Oddities
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

5K's, Raptures, and Other Oddities

I guess I missed out on the Rapture...but then I'm not terribly surprised by that (I'm just not quite the sort that folks expect to be swept up and all, as I believe that animals have souls and there are many of mine waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge, so I'd have to stop by there, first anyway!)

However, today was Weight Watchers' Walk-It 5K Challenge. Remember when I did that last year? I barely survived in somewhere about 1 hour and 20 minutes. There were several stops along the way, and I came in last (hey, I was delighted that I survived that one). This year, it was rather disorganized, with "come do it on your own schedule," but my time improved to 1 hour and 10 minutes with no stops. There were to be folks to shuttle us from one end of the Greenway to the other for the start, but when I got there, I didn't see anyone, so I'm glad I asked Lynette to use my car and pick me up when I was done...I never saw another Weight Watcher (that I recognized, at least) on the entire trek...I finally checked my pedometer, and saw that I'd actually done a bit more than 5K (3.5 miles to be exact), and I said, "UNCLE!" and Lynette came and scooped me up and brought me home (so that 1 hour 10 minutes was for more than the 5K come to think of it!)...

I freshened up and changed clothes and headed out to Yarn Explosion as I have a need for a prayer shawl and a chemo cap, wanted pink yarn, particularly Unplanned Peacock for In the Land of Oz shawl (that's the Lobelia colorway), and something that would coordinate with it for the Shedir chemo cap.

So how do you think I did?

I've cast on. The shawl will be lovely. I hope, for once, I can knit something a little faster than normal.

And who knows? That hour and 10 minute 3.5 miles I did? Just might, if the blisters on the soles of my feet don't get horrid, inspire me to start doing 5K's as a regular thing...We'll have to see. I hate HOT weather, so perhaps I'll have to stick to Leslie Sansone 5Ks in my air conditioning. But...

7 Comments:

Blogger Geraldine said...

I loathe hot weather too Sallee, I hear ya! It's nice and cool here today, thank goodness.

Wasn't that rapture story a hoot? I guess it wouldnt have been so funny if it came true though. LOL

The pink yarn is sooo pretty and keep up the good fitness pursuits.

Happy Sunday and headbonks from the Ched! G

2:15 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Oh, those yarns are GORGEOUS.

Congratulations on the progress on that walk!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations - and good for you :) I'm very impressed, especially that you did it on your own - it's always harder to push when you don't have friends along to keep you distracted/encouraged (and I'm glad that Lynette was waiting to grab you when you were done).

You did good with the yarn - those are beautiful pinks, and I know you'll enjoy knitting them, and that they will be appreciated.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I am proud of you for improving your time! I love all the pinks, and think that will make for some cheery spring knitting.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are lovely colors and should make your friend very happy.

Way to go with the 5K!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

You did good!

Those poor people who believed that malarkey about the Rapture and sold their homes, etc. (I have to admit though, I was watching the clock at 6pm!)

6:43 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Way to go! It is no small feat (feet?) to take 10 minutes off your time and add an additional 0.4 miles!

The color of the yarn is like a celebration of your effort - I hope it brings lots of comfort. I've knit Shedir - a lovely hat. Try it in Rowan Calmer sometime, just perfect!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!