knitnana: What I Did Over Memorial Day Weekend...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I Did Over Memorial Day Weekend...

It was a busy weekend of sewing (mostly) for me, and I thought I'd share what I finished up...

The brown & pink Wonder Dot Sadie in the background and the blue/brown Asian Floral Kerri on the right were both orders...and what's that on the left?

Well. I'd gotten a bit flustrated with the Posy Sock Sack. People either loved it or didn't, and I personally was hoping to make a change to it that involved a bit more than just widening the strap and attaching it in a more solid spot on the back of the bag for stability (the previous improvement). This time, I wanted to add a zipper.

First I have to tell you that it's something of a challenge to do...

And then tell you that I've now made two of them. I won't show you the first one, altho' it's fine, or I wouldn't have done this one! :) Still prototype bags seldom get shared here. Please note the inside is just the same...pocklets on the left of the bag for dpns, pens, crochet hooks and a larger pocket on the right for cell phone or what have you.

The zipper keeps all those things from accidentally tipping out onto the floorboard of your car (yes, I know...)

Now the surprise. Rather than just have a "updated Posy" I've renamed this one. You're looking at {drumroll...}

The Rosy-Posy. Here's why: If you're a sock or small project knitter and you'd like to have the pockets made of the flannel I've always used to cushion and protect your delicate bamboos, then I'll make you a Posy; but...if you're not a small project knitter, but just like that this is a small, single strap backpack bag? Well, just order a Rosy...and tell me if you want those pocklets for pens and such, of it you'd rather not...and I'll do two pockets (or a couple of pen pocklets and the remainder in two larger pockets) and I'll do them in a regular cotton print/solid to coordinate with the rest of the bag.

(No change in price, either...$39 either way)

And of course, if you're a happy camper with the way Posy has always been? I can do that, too!

So...tell me what you think, okay?

6 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

My goodness, you have been busy! The zipper must be very tricky to sew in, but it looks perfect.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Mary in VA said...

Well I may have to try a Rosy, but I'm glad you kept the Posy because I love it. BTW, what I did was adopt 2 meezers!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Wow!! I love the dragon fabric in the new bag. You keep finding such great prints.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Wow, a new model! I love the green fabric, and think that a zipper is the perfect upgrade. I always worry about knocking a bag over and having stuff scatter all over the place.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Zipper = awesome.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Carrie#K said...

I love the dragons. Zippers are a must for me. Love the new bag! I also love how you're always tweaking bags and coming up with brilliant innovations.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!