knitnana: Knitting Olympics Interrupted...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Knitting Olympics Interrupted...

I'm having to put marathon knitting sessions on hold, not just for the obvious workday hours, but also at night for such things as life. You know? Yoga class, Weight Watchers Meetings (please note I'm back down again? YAY!), and then there's Nana Sadie Rose orders that have to be finished up...

Ah life, why do you get in the way of the important things, like knitting???

Anyway. I finished up two "old favorites" in the Mera style bag:

The Alexander Henry fabric in back is just so lovely and in the sage and peach tones, a very spring-inspired bag. I wish I could find yards and yards of the Cats on the Bookshelf fabric, but alas, I'm now out of it. It was a very popular print, but it's now OOP! (Out Of Print)

Then, someone who has an American Eskimo Dog picked this fabric for her Knitnana style bag...

I smiled all the way through this one, it's just green and flowery and cute with the puppies at play! Quite the change from outside my window...where it's all still icy, snowy, and very cold.

But I think my favorite order to complete was this elegantly casual Japanese Dobby cloth Knitnana style.

I have to charge a bit more for these bags, as the fabric is much more expensive, but they make up so well, and are just such striking bags when they're done, I think they're well worth it...the fabrics are not as prevalent as quilting and novelty cottons, either, of course. That makes each one even more of a Nana Sadie Rose One of A Kind. And if you ask me, they're a touch more versatile!
;)

I'm knitting, I promise. I've really made progress on my WIP Dancing entry on the Ravelympics - finishing the first half of Helsinki, and beginning the second side. I know it's a long shot to finish it, but substantial progress is being made and that was my goal...

And in the Knitting Olympics, I've cleared the cuff and the first 10 rows of the Fair Isle pattern on the second mitten. I did a rude and crude "duplicate stitch" on the first one's thumb which looks better, but I am fairly certain I will at least attempt to hand felt these. The length of the mitten is a full 2 inches longer than my hand, and the cuff doesn't fall at the wrist, it's well back down my arm. I suppose I could have knit them with smaller needles, but I'm surely not going back now...

And as for Fair Isle? I've discovered a pattern on Ravelry, Selbu Modern, a more muted Fair Isle tam, that another member of the Ravelry Team Stashdown is knitting in Harrisville Shetland in charcoal and blackberry (no, I know you're well aware that I'd never put those two together, now right??? *wink*)...I just might have to attempt Fair Isle again. This would be worth it!

Anyway, knitting is sort of on hold. Tomorrow, will be an antsy day for me as I await news of a certain someone's dental procedure. The blood work came back "perfect." So no reason not to use the anesthetic and get those teeth cleaned. Right?

She doesn't have a clue...

Sometimes I feel like an ogre.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your bags are beautiful...as always. It must be fun to work with so many diverse fabrics. :)

Congrats on the loss! :)

Fair Isle is addicting isn't it? ;)

I will send reiki for the furry one...you're not an ogre...you are a good Mom. *hugs*
:)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Outstanding bags - the Japanese print one is fabulous. I like the tam pattern you're considering. I've had the same problem with an after thought thumb, but usually knit into the back of the top stitches to tighten them up. Despite the thumb, you did a wonderful job on the fair isle. {{{HUGS}}}

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!