knitnana: Okay...I Lied - *gasp* - Well, Kinda
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Okay...I Lied - *gasp* - Well, Kinda

There's IS something I'd love to have, but it isn't so much an issue of not being able to afford it at this point - what I want isn't available...

I wish, wish, wish - we'd see either:
1. Addi Lace Clicks
or
2. Blonde Knitpicks Harmonies

SEE? I do have a wishlist!
;)
I know, you've heard it all before...

The other thing on my wishlist is in process: the rest of my weight loss! See the ticker? Yes, I'm at 13 pounds lost, and while some people think the number thirteen is unlucky? I'm pretty happy with that number right now.

Oh...shiny, pretty, well...knitted it's pretty, in process it's a PITA...

That's the second side of the Recycled Sari Silk Yoga Pillow - and those two balls on top are the third skein of silk. Interesting how lopsided the volume of yarn is in these skeins...and this particular one is hairy-er.
WAY more Hairy!

I may have to shave one third of the second side! *wink*

I'll be glad when it's finished. But then? I'm kinda thinking I'm going on with using up more and more of my stash - I've got some heavy silks and cottons that are odd amounts, and hmm...maybe I'll put together an oddly constructed shopping tote from them - waste not, want not, right?

We'll see how I feel about that. But the more I think on it, the more I'd like to spend 2010 using up what I have, and shedding a bit more than pounds. I'm also thinking you might very well see more ready-made Nana Sadie Rose bags in the Etsy Shop, too. I'd love to see some of these fabulous prints I've picked up these last years made up and sent off to loving homes...

Maybe I'll make 2010 my "Use It Up" year? That's not to say I won't buy more yarn during the year. I can't ever swear off my yarn (or fabric, either, for that matter) purchases for any serious length of time, but it would be nice to use some up to make room for the new, right?

Just a thought here at the beginning of December and the middle of the week. Let's see how I feel come month-end, okay?

What are you thinking about for 2010? Or have you made it that far yet?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa said...

Oh...why did you have to think up Addi Lace Clicks? Now I want them, too. :-)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reasonable request - needles you can see and use efficiently. What a concept!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Blonde Harmonies - I'd be all over them. I can't quite feel warm about the multi-color ones.

For 2010 - I'm thinking it may be time to finish that Master Knitter Level II program I started about 4 years ago. I do respect your intention of using stuff up - maybe next year I could use up the stuff in my freezer!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I agree with your thoughts about using up more stash in 2010. I need to do this, too. But I also can't give up buying new yarn.

The yoga pillow is very pretty. I love the colors. And I love the crocheted tunic your mom made you!

Thank you for all your encouraging thoughts on my dh's recovery. It means a lot.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I didn't even know they have blonde Harmonies. Will have to check them out!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!