knitnana: Thankful Thursday
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Can you believe it's Thursday again already?
Hmm...
Ok. Three things I'm thankful for this Thursday are:
1. Weight Watchers, and the decision I made to join. Every week, regardless of the amount I lose (or don't) I meet up with folks in the same boat, who have great ideas, and mostly positive outlooks (and by the time Meghan gets thru with us, we do again, if we didn't when we came in!). I'm especially grateful to be 10 pounds lighter right now, and feeling the difference in my hip and spine. YAY!
2. I'm very thankful for achieving a point in life where I'm far less likely to over-react. Having spent a lot of my life suffering from the drama-queen syndrome, at some point in the last few years, I've managed to move beyond it (mostly). I can really appreciate being more calm, more philosophical, less reactive. (I can still lose it, but usually not for as long or as intensely, and the difference that makes on my overall well-being is huge. I'm able to talk myself down from the ledge pretty quickly...Maybe it's maturity, maybe it's yoga. Whatever it is, it's cool. And I have my fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx it! *wink*)
3. I'm thankful to have lived in the same town for my entire life (except for a few months in DC, during which time I was plotting my return). I know that seems strange in this era, and it's not a little bit unusual. But this town, with all it's idiosyncracies, is just about the best place in all the world (I might just be a touch biased). Politics aside, I am grateful to live in a beautiful place, with friendly folks, and a decent standard of living (for the most part). When I leave? I can't wait to get back. While I'm here, I drag my feet at leaving. I come across Afton Mountain from the DC area and as soon as I spot the Blue Ridge, a space in my chest expands and I realize I can finally take a full breath again. Who knows why? It's home. And it's mine. Blessed Be.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about seeing the mountains and the stress of the day falling away.

When we moved up to the country, DH and I developed a habit of sighing, "Ah!" when we turned off onto the secondary road that brings us the last five miles home. We leave the city and the traffic behind, and as we read in Bible study last night, knock the dust of the town off our sandals.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you 110 percent! Our little corner of the earth right here is comfort defined for those of us who are lucky enough to have been "born and bred"!

Caught up with you in the wee hours of this morning while fighting jetlag. It is good to be home. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in remembering me a few times on your lovely blog. Believe me, I feel thankful to have met you and so many others in this area who share my love for all things fiber and more.

Hope to see you soon!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Blessed be, indeed! Those are wonderful gratefuls. I know what you mean about that expanding feeling in the chest when you get "home". Right now I'm not living in the place that is my heart home, but something inside me jumps for joy every time I go there. :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It is kind of nice to have lived in one place for so long. I've come and gone but mostly come.

Those pictures on your earlier post are fabulous!! I'm trying to catch up after days of CPE.

I hear you on the drama queen bit. I think we've finally rolled with enough punches to realize that it really isn't worth getting that worked up over (although it still makes me crazy when someone else tells me that!!)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

How insightful to be thankful for leaving drama queendom behind and how it has made your life better. I'll try to hold this thought close all week.

Blessed be back at you!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!