knitnana: An Evening On The Town: A Tale Told in Handknits

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Friday, November 06, 2009

An Evening On The Town: A Tale Told in Handknits

I scurried home last night after work to prepare for an unexpected night on the town. Sis-in-law had scored a couple of tickets to Broadway in Roanoke's Avenue Q and I had to quickly put something Weight Watchers appropriate together to eat and change clothes. The food had been percolating in my mind all day, and turned out well (only 4 points for a mix of diced turkey kielbasa, brown rice, Stoplight Peppers, scallions, Yoshida Sauce (1 Tbls) all sauteed in a non-fat cooking sprayed pan till cooked through (all total, probably 5 minutes or so). I added in a serving of cooked fresh spinach (YUM!) from the CSA share, and a dessert of Pumpkin Fluff (1 point!). A SKINNY meal...

The clothes were another matter. I tend not to dress up much these days (which I suppose could change if I manage to lose a lot of weight, but for now...not so much). So I figured the base would be black jeans. I ended up with the following for accessories:
The Hollyberry Queen of Hearts Shawl, my STR Mustang Sally Knotty Gloves, and one of two of my evening Kerri bags. I knew I wanted to also wear my STR Mustang Sally Spiraluscious. Went thru a couple of tops and this is what I decided on:

Just a simple black T.

After that? It was just a quick swipe with the lipstick, toss on the black swing coat, throw the shawl over my shoulders and dash out the door.

A night on the town for Knitnana (aka Nana Sadie Rose) in handknits! Whoohoo!

6 Comments:

OpenID meezermeowmy said...

Lovely, inspired!

Add a holiday pin and you can revive the outfit for Christmas open house/caroling/you name it in December.

So, did you have a good time? How was the theater?

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Fancy! How was the play?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for handknits! That neckwarmer looks fabulous on you :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I think you look stunning! I want to know how the theater was too:)

10:22 PM  
Blogger sandra said...

I love the reds!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

You looked mahvelous!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782