knitnana: Whew! More FO's! Another Cast-On!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Whew! More FO's! Another Cast-On!

Monday night, after my first yoga class in 5 years, I came home to a baked sweet potato (let me tell you, that's the ticket - put the thing in the oven before you go off to a class and come back 2 hours later to dinner!!), and then catching up on world events and finishing this:

This is the Knit for Hope hat that I promised a member of my knitting group. Oddly enough I used my old standby pattern from Needle Beetle and I love making it, but somehow this time, I used DK weight (the pattern calls for worsted) but then I upsized the needles! By one size...

So the knit is a bit looser than I'd like. Oh well. It will still keep someone's head warm.

I also finished the Orca Textured Shawl, but I'm going to block it before I show it. Perhaps this weekend!

Now it's back to other stuff that's on the needles...oh, well I did cast on this:

I was at my new knitting group (new to me) on Sunday afternoon a couple of weeks ago, and one of my pals had the neatest mittens! I asked for the pattern and was told:
"Mitered Mittens from Knitter's Almanac and I said, "I just bought that book!" I scurried around and realized that I had a lot of the BFL Sport in the Beached colorway (I know, you've seen this color before in shawl and socks) from Blue Moon remaining in stash (I do hope Tina brings back that colorway in the spring, I am going to need more of it, I think it's probably my favorite of all time). There's enough to do these mittens (I think) and so I cast on last night with my Addi Naturas size 2. I'd forgotten how much fun dpns are!

Still, I'm worried. I hand is small and this is a bit snug. I realize that after all, they do stretch a bit with wear, and I guess I could block them a tad larger, right? But I decided not to trust that, and upsized the needles to size 3s in mid-knit. I don't mind my cuffs being a touch snug and this way they will be!

I'm excited. I've never mitered anything before and this is fun. I was able to work on them during an online training session Thursday afternoon so I got a little bit of the first one done.

And don't you just love reading EZ? I feel like I'm talking to my mom and her sisters...

BTW...won't you stop by my good friend, Birdsong's blog, to give her a birthday shout-out and enter her contest? She's asking folks to relay their "life-changing experiences" as becoming a grammie has been one earth-shaking one for her! The deadline for the contest is being extended to November 6, because, she's kinda had her hands full (with a little bundle of joy!).

Now, be sure you have a great weekend, okay? Watch out for spooks and hobgoblins!
(((hugs)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!