knitnana: It's FRIDAY!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, October 23, 2009

It's FRIDAY!

I'm delighted to see the weekend begin!

Even tho' I'll be sewing most of it, catching up, I hope, with orders (and don't worry, I'll share!!)and trying to finish up my Personal Sock Club socks for September (I'm almost done, and accomplished quite a bit at lunch and during the news tonight), working some, I hope, on the Textured Shawl, doing some necessary housekeeping duties, and of course, trying to walk a little, and hanging in with Weight Watchers.

So it will be busy (and I bet your's will be, too!).

Last night, the Ravishing Reds of Roanoke met at the Bad Wolf BBQ for a buffet dinner. I was very careful, and even picking the highest point-values on WW for what I ate, I came in under my required points for the day! I enjoyed the food and the company, tho' was saddened that our long-time Queen Mum has decided it's just too much to continue in her post. She'll be stepping aside after December's meeting and moving on to other things. Her replacement(s) were agreed upon last night - there will be four, because with the size of our group, it's just too much for any ONE person to do. (Nope, not me. I just simply have enough on my plate!) I'm sure the four new Mums will be terrific!

Now, I've had a mini-spending spree for knitting stuff this week (not too much, but sometimes I just can't help myself, you know?) See:
Anne's Dovecoat Shawl (I'm thinking that lovely CTH Potluck yarn in Aubergine from Sock Summit?), and of course, Jared's book Made in Brooklyn, which is totally drool-worthy. I'm thinking of making several patterns here, but Jared's photos are so gorgeous, that if I don't get any of them on the needles for a bit, the book can be eye candy for the time being...Not showing, because they're still en route to me, is a new pair of Plymouth bamboo circulars. I have been working on another Seaman's Cap for charity and using my Plymouths for it. Working with them, I'm remembering how much I love these needles...so I ordered another set in size 8 for the upcoming charity knit Three Bags Full in Blacksburg in December.

Oh, and in the background of that photo? Yes!! It's my graduation certificate from physical therapy! I finished my 4 weeks of sessions, and I have to tell you that for all it put a large dent in my new mattress savings account? It was well worth it. I'm feeling loads better - I still have a long way to go, but I think I can manage it by myself now. I plan to start yoga classes again on Monday night (at the same location as my physical therapy!) and will continue all the stretching and strengthening exercises I've learned at PT. Along with slowly building up my walking time (ok, even if it's only a minute or two longer each week!), with a little luck, I can "facilitate healing" in my back, even tho' I know it will never be the way it used to be. You can't put those discs back when they're gone, ya' know?
;)
By the way, if you are a local to Roanoke and you ever need PT, I have to recommend the physical therapists at Back to Basics. They're skilled, they're caring, they're encouraging and supportive. Great folks to know (and you know the drill? NAYY, just a very pleased patient.)

It's going to rain tomorrow (has already started to move in tonight) so I'll probably be using some of those things they taught me to help me through the chill and damp.

I hope your weekend is a good one. Touch base back here, if you get a chance. I'll share what I've been working on!
(((Hugs)))

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go with the BBQ restaurant! I'm so proud of you!

I'm reminded of a trick a diet instructor once told us: If they put a dessert in front of you, and it looks yummy and tempting, and you CAN'T eat it, douse it with salt/pepper/or ketchup. Just sayin' - you're in charge! Heh!

11:32 PM  
Blogger VPI Dyes said...

Oh my gosh I want to make that hat on the cover of that Jared Flood book! That looks so cute and hip!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I'm so glad to hear that the PT is helping! I'm going to have to go looking for Jared's book. {{{HUGS}}}

10:45 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Lots of accomplishment in that post - congratulations!

Your posting on the slow recovery process is such a good prod to me to improve my back hygiene habits. You are bringing back my memories of how frustratingly slow it is - what a joy when I was told I was allowed to trot for a few minutes, then add a minute or two every 4 or 5 days. Well, I'm back to running 3.5 miles (SLOW running, but more than a jog) and I am so happy about it. You will make it, too. I know you will!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Congratulations on the PT! I know you've been working hard at that, and it's nice to make it to the next stage :) That Jared Flood book looks amazing, I'll have to put it on my list (of course, as I just bought two books myself, it'll have to wait a while). Sew like the wind, baby! :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Oh.. I Love the shawl and the hat!!! Very nice!!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!