knitnana: Ten Things I <em>LOVE</em> About Getting Older
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ten Things I LOVE About Getting Older

I'm not sure why the Ten Things on Tuesday list is so negative...but I refuse to go on and on about the bad stuff about getting older.

I've got a few good things, I'll mention tho' - and perhaps they'll be odds and ends you've heard me say before, but maybe it's here again because it bears repeating!!

1. The rules you live by tend to come back to haunt you, so make them good ones.
2. No one has all the answers. Remember when we thought we REALLY knew it all? Now, I know how much I don't know. It doesn't pay to be cocky!
3. Tomorrow is another day. And if we didn't get things right today, we can work on them again tomorrow.
4. By the same token, tomorrows are fewer than they used to be, so make the best and the most of your todays.
5. I might be someone's grandmother, but I'm still one sexy broad (even with a few extra pounds, a couple of extra wrinkles and a gray hair or 10). Whew!
6. You can't take it with you, but then again, you want to make sure you're not someone who's dependent on her children. So spend a little, and save more.
7. Give of yourself, and give of your funds. It will come back, in ways you can't even begin to imagine. Support causes worthy of your time and energy.
8. You're worth a treat now and again: Chocolate, tickets to a show, a nice glass of merlot (don't save calories, money, or face - it's not worth it! Said by someone on Weight Watchers).
9. The Girl Scouts got it right - Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other IS gold - if you have a strain in the relationship - fix it. Right off. (But go easy on those cookies)
10. Find a hobby you love and spend much time on it - it keeps your brain and fingers nimble, and keeps you out of too much trouble!

And on that note? This came today:

It's for Three Sisters by Cheryl Oberle and yes, I'm going to cast on very soon. This is my first sweater. I will need ALL my friends assistance - TIA!

The yarn is extra yummy...the color a bit darker than the photo on Knitpicks website, but a perfect shade for me. If you love Jo Sharp's Silkroad DK Tweed in Boheme you will love this yarn.

Oh...and did you notice anything else? Um...yes, the ticker is counting down - 1.6 pounds this week! And the PT is making a big difference in the way my back feels!
WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

8 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Wise words from a wise (and sexy) lady. And nice going on the weight loss!

We will be with you for this sweater - it is going to be great!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

A sweater! You've chosen a nice pattern. It will be fun. :D

2:33 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good advice for one like me that has had a hard time with this aging thing.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good attitude, good progress, and great choice of sweater pattern. Life is good!

Ask, and I'll be glad to advise. That should be a fine knit.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray! And congratulations :) Love the wise words, indeed. I figure it's worth enjoying the process of getting older, because it's certainly much better than the alternative. I love that yarn -- and I know that you're going to end up with a gorgeous sweater :)

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Congratulations! It'll really pay off, healthwise. And take fewer skeins for sweaters! Whoo! I can't wait to see your sweater.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

What a wonderful list Sallee. There ARE pluses to getting older, it's all about how we look at it.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great list! Now that makes getting older feel better. and wiser! I am excited to hear that you are starting on a sweater... you did make a really good gauge swatch and check it twice, right? I am at your service if you need any help or encouragement.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!