knitnana: Three Day Weekend
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Three Day Weekend

Wow. Two days of a three day are already in the can!
:)
I got an email from someone wondering what was up that I was so quiet, I must be busy. True. I am, have been, and will be...Wanna see?

Friday of course was PT. And then I finished an order to ship. Saturday morning was taken up by a certain meezerly sort who developed the "delicate condition" which remains nameless because it's highly embarrassing to Her Royal Highness. So off we sped to the vet. En route I was treated to a crying baby, but once I opened the door in the parking lot, I was suddenly faced with a cussing, angry feline. Do you think she knew what was up? I dropped her off, then ran to the PO to ship a few orders and picked up coffee, phoning back to the vet to hear, "Yes, she's ready." We hurried home, and I pulled out all the stops to complete, start to finish, this lovely:

Yes, you've seen the fabric before, but of course, the interior is all different.

I also prepared three Knitnanas for sewing today. I was very tired when I finished, so I chilled out a bit last night with my favorite new compulsion: Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. I managed to hit over 150,000 for the first time (Carole has accumulated a score over 350,000. I'm in awe of Carole's abilities (in more ways than one).

This morning, I pulled out the brand new Slow Cooker and created a vegetable beef noodle soup that was very Weight Watchers friendly. The only modification I'd make in future, is to reduce the hot peppers, as I tossed in two and it was very very spicy. But it was really nice to have dinner tonight that was only 6 points. (What did I do? Stew beef, baby carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomatoes, cabbage, a cup of egg noodles, various seasonings besides the peppers, bouillion, worchestershire sauce)

I've had a love-hate relationship with crock pots ever since I had my original 1970s Rival. But whether the quality has gone downhill, or the design, or perhaps, just that in general things 'aint made the way they used to be, I've had rotten luck with Rival lately. I broke down and invested in a brand I knew I liked. And I'm very pleased. It's a bit bigger than most singles need, but I figure I might have to prepare something for three growing boys someday. Hmm...maybe even for three teens. Maybe I really should have bought the bigger one!

Today, I'd agreed to take my mom's dearest friend (who's a very young 91) to the grocery store to "stock up." She and I have a lot of fun together, and a year ago, she decided that 90 was the right age to give up her driver's license. I promised I'd always help her when needed for getting to the places she needed to go. Today, I reminded her that it also means, where she just WANTS to go. Because let's face it, you might not really need it? But life is too short to deny oneself! :)

We had a good time and it was great to visit. Sometimes I almost feel as if my mom will walk in the room when I'm with MC.

Before I met up with her, I ran by the fabric shop. I needed a couple of fabrics:

I ended up with the ones I needed (the two on top of the stack and the one on the bottom). The ones in the middle called my name. LOUDLY. *wink*

Once home, I finished these and got them all ready to ship on Tuesday:

(again, you've seen these fabrics, tho' perhaps not in this style of bag)

I always search through my buttons as I complete each bag, I usually don't have the closure in mind in advance. This summer I've stocked up in the various places I've gotten myself to, and even picked up a good-sized bag of vintage buttons - that's different from antique, ya' know!

In that group of vintagey ones, I discovered these three. I think they'll be nice for my February Lady's Sweater, if I ever get it on the needles.

Lest you think my weekend is all work and no play (!) I did manage a bit of knitting:

I've used almost 1 skein of the Orca City Tweed here. I'm pleased with the results, and I did go back to the Addi Naturas. It's a little slower going, but at least I've stopped dropping stitches!

Someone is feeling a lot better today, btw...

I've just resigned myself to closing my eyes whenever that camera is around, she's gonna take the pictures anyway. And no, we don't talk about the indignity I suffered yesterday. I've forgiven her, but don't tell her, okay?

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I'm glad to hear that the Meezer is feeling better!! And it sounds like you've had a busy weekend. I love those fabrics that called your name, and I'm so glad that you got some time with your friend :) I hope you enjoy your tomorrow -- bonus day!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful fabrics. Poor Meez. Going to the vet is not a fun way to spend the weekend.

I hear you about 3-day weekends ending up too short. Mine zipped by before I knew it. But like you, I found some bright spots in it just for me. :)

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the first picture elicited a "That's my bag! Wait, different tab fabric."

You can tell people who love cats, but don't have them...they order fabrics with backgrounds that would show cat fur. :-)

Glad both our Siamese have bounced back from their dreaded trips to the vet.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Just think of the indignity and horror if she hadn't taken you, Meezer. Now that's love. :)

Nice bags! and pretty fabrics. I'm glad you and your Mom's friend had a nice outing.

Hmm. I have my old crockpot. I think I picked it up at Safeway back when they were giving out dishes. Hopefully older than the 70's.....but not by much.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Glad The Meezer is feeling better! How awful to have to go to the vet.

My husband and I want to get a new, bigger, better crock pot, but it's hard to know which to get. Glad to hear you like yours. We've read 5-star reviews of various slow cookers and toaster ovens in which the appliance lasts less than a year. That's not 5-star to me!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I think my crockpot is right out of the 70's. I keep waiting for it to break so I can get a new one that lifts out for washing. That probably means it never will!

Reading of your visit with your friend made me feel happy - you didn't realize your kindness would just keep giving, did you?

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!