knitnana: Decadence Redux

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Decadence Redux

Well. I decided after a few rounds on the Buffalo Gold Spiraluscious that it wasn't cutting it - the yarn? Great, but sport weight and on the size 1.5 Signature needles, it was just not looking so much like lace as a mess.

Rip! (not to worry, I'll find something wondrous to knit with it!)

Say hello to my second attempt at decadent Spiraluscious Mitts:

Claudia sock yarn in Chocolate Cherry. I hope this will be better, it will blend well with the STR Mustang Sally colorway I used in the Spiraluscious Cowl earlier in the year. A "not quite, but almost" set.

This week has flown by, and it's lovely to say that tomorrow is FRIDAY! Tonight, I had to run by the grocery store, as I needed a few odds and ends to perk up the Weight Watchers menus I'm working out. It happens to be in the same strip mall as Barnes & Noble, so I made a side trip:

I realized when I took the photo that the Knitter's says "Summer 2009" - am I slow or something? That cabled "ponchette" on the cover? Sure looks like winter to me!

But on pages 41-42? There's a cool Smocked Toque (Lite Lesson) by my new "neighbor/friend" from Sock Summit - Merike Saarniit that I think is gorgeous (especially in the pink and navy combo of SW Trading Company Vespera she used. You really need to check this out! I'll try to take a photo of the photo tomorrow night because Ravelry doesn't have one loaded to the pattern page, yet. :(

And btw, not that it means a thing? But Sela Ward on the cover of More? OH my. GORGEOUS! We were born on the very same day, in the same year, we're the same age. I should look so good.

She's got a new movie coming out. No question, I'll be there to see it. We're almost "twin-sister Cancers" - I guess that's the reason I feel like she's a sister from a different mother that I never met. Hahaha. (She'll never claim me, of course, but that's okay!)
*wink*

6 Comments:

OpenID meezermeowmy said...

Just wait until your companions at WW find out you're knitting with "chocolate covered cherry" yarn. Heh!

I think it should be lovely. I love seeing how multi-color yarns turn out in a pattern.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

LOve that sock yarn...
I'm available if yu can't think of a thing to do with it... Ha

And I bet you are just as Pretty as oh "whats her name" on the cover... LOL

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

The resemblance is startling.

The yarn looks gorgeous, hope this one behaves!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous alison said...

That chocolate cherry yarn looks absolutely delicious! Love your blog—so much good stuff here...thanks!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I'd claim you over Sela in a heartbeat. Nothing bad on her, but you are definitely a prize. (And Jan and I are Cancers, too, so you'd fit right in.)

Claudia is one of my favorite yarns, great for some luxurious knitting. It is so squeezably delicious!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

She is gorgeous, but honey? So are you! (And I've met you in person, so I know ;) ) Your magazines look like lovely relaxing reading; sometimes a good mag is just what's needed :)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous| Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Previous | Next

Previous

Next