knitnana: Decadence Redux
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Decadence Redux

Well. I decided after a few rounds on the Buffalo Gold Spiraluscious that it wasn't cutting it - the yarn? Great, but sport weight and on the size 1.5 Signature needles, it was just not looking so much like lace as a mess.

Rip! (not to worry, I'll find something wondrous to knit with it!)

Say hello to my second attempt at decadent Spiraluscious Mitts:

Claudia sock yarn in Chocolate Cherry. I hope this will be better, it will blend well with the STR Mustang Sally colorway I used in the Spiraluscious Cowl earlier in the year. A "not quite, but almost" set.

This week has flown by, and it's lovely to say that tomorrow is FRIDAY! Tonight, I had to run by the grocery store, as I needed a few odds and ends to perk up the Weight Watchers menus I'm working out. It happens to be in the same strip mall as Barnes & Noble, so I made a side trip:

I realized when I took the photo that the Knitter's says "Summer 2009" - am I slow or something? That cabled "ponchette" on the cover? Sure looks like winter to me!

But on pages 41-42? There's a cool Smocked Toque (Lite Lesson) by my new "neighbor/friend" from Sock Summit - Merike Saarniit that I think is gorgeous (especially in the pink and navy combo of SW Trading Company Vespera she used. You really need to check this out! I'll try to take a photo of the photo tomorrow night because Ravelry doesn't have one loaded to the pattern page, yet. :(

And btw, not that it means a thing? But Sela Ward on the cover of More? OH my. GORGEOUS! We were born on the very same day, in the same year, we're the same age. I should look so good.

She's got a new movie coming out. No question, I'll be there to see it. We're almost "twin-sister Cancers" - I guess that's the reason I feel like she's a sister from a different mother that I never met. Hahaha. (She'll never claim me, of course, but that's okay!)
*wink*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until your companions at WW find out you're knitting with "chocolate covered cherry" yarn. Heh!

I think it should be lovely. I love seeing how multi-color yarns turn out in a pattern.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

LOve that sock yarn...
I'm available if yu can't think of a thing to do with it... Ha

And I bet you are just as Pretty as oh "whats her name" on the cover... LOL

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

The resemblance is startling.

The yarn looks gorgeous, hope this one behaves!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous alison said...

That chocolate cherry yarn looks absolutely delicious! Love your blog—so much good stuff here...thanks!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I'd claim you over Sela in a heartbeat. Nothing bad on her, but you are definitely a prize. (And Jan and I are Cancers, too, so you'd fit right in.)

Claudia is one of my favorite yarns, great for some luxurious knitting. It is so squeezably delicious!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

She is gorgeous, but honey? So are you! (And I've met you in person, so I know ;) ) Your magazines look like lovely relaxing reading; sometimes a good mag is just what's needed :)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!