knitnana: Where'd the Weekend Go?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where'd the Weekend Go?

I know, I sound like a broken record, don't I?

They fly by, and I feel as if I've not gotten 1/4 of the stuff done I either wanted or needed to do. Pffft!

But I managed to finish the vet's books, get some laundry done, and get to my knitting group this afternoon - everyone is all excited about NoSoKnit next Saturday! And Rae is up to her eyeballs in alligators (so is Tere) in getting it planned. I thought I was doing so well taking my Red Scarf Project scarf with me to knit on, but you know that corrigator isn't all that easy to knit and talk with.

That doesn't bode well for next weekend! I need something easy-peasy. Well, you know what that means, don't you?

Yup. Personal Sock Club September edition (okay, I'm late opening the bag - 20 days late, to be exact!). Austermann Step in color 48. And peeking out from below the yarn are my Knitpicks Options. I'll get these OTN, and no, they won't get done before the end of the month, but I've already finished 12 pairs this year, even if 2 pairs were from new yarn and another was from stash not giftwrapped and included in the PSC at the beginning. I'm not all that worried - there are 3 more bags, and depending on whether we hit Atlanta in November, I could still get them all done by New Year's Eve!

Ok. Maybe not. *wink*

I got asked about my "football" interests in a comment on Friday's post: I'm not really a football fan. I am a graduate of VT, so I have this in my front yard for some of the fall (it vies with my Halloween Black Cat flag for pride of place in October!):


Once upon a time, I was involved with someone who was a Steeler's fan. He's not really a part of my life anymore, but I got in the habit of cheering them on. I didn't see the game today, but was a bit sad to see the score. I know that a certain someone is pretty ticked tonight, too.

But then, I won't lose sleep over it, and he just might!

I hope your week goes nicely - I'll be back soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I know what you mean about weekends! And I keep saying the same thing about the weeks, too... I hope today is a bit more peaceful for you :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

That yarn is going to make pretty socks. Except for the orange shades, it reminds me of my first pair with Sassy Stripes. {{{HUGS}}}

5:02 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i want to know where the weekend went to! maybe there's a fairy weekend stealer.

o.O

love the colors of the september sock yarn!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

You'll get them done.

I know! I want more longer weekend too.

I hope your hips are feeling better and I LOVE your new hairstyle.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I suppose if we had worse weekends they would seem to last longer.

Go Hokies!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!