knitnana: A Few Moments of Downtime!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Few Moments of Downtime!

Last night was all about unpacking and putting things away...tonight? I have vegetated and finished these:

The Socks That Rock plain vanilla socks in Beached colorway. I used my Addi Lace circulars (size 1.5) and finished them off with a picot edging. They didn't take all that long to do, when you consider I had a cat show in there - I think I started these on August 29 (the second time, as the Addis are a tiny bit larger than my Harmonys so I had to restart with fewer toe stitches...)

I love this colorway (and it matches my Shawl That Jazz).

It occured to me that I didn't share with you my purchases from the weekend at the cat show:

These are personal purchases, of course, and not the tons of fabrics I picked up for the business! I had to get my Siamese Rescue Calendar for 2010, and that cute cat amongst the yarn up there in the left corner? It's one of a pack of 10 cards (all different) from my favorite cat caricature artist, J. S. Perry.

Today, I've picked up a few more cat fabrics (hmm...sounds like I'm preparing for Atlanta, doesn't it?) and have a few more that I want to get. It's a never-ending process of stocking up for future shows!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Lovely socks -- great colours in there!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

The socks are entirely satisfying. What sort of picot edge do you use? I do one where you kind of add a slip stitch chain between the bound off stitches - nice and stretchy and a bit girly, too.

10:55 PM  
OpenID meezermeowmy said...

Lovely socks - even with all the interruptions of the cat show.

I swear, the worst part of traveling is having to unpack...even with meezer "help".

10:25 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

love the socks!

buying for the business isn't quite as fun as buying for yourself, is it?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for Atlanta! I love those cards that you bought, and the socks are lovely, too -- the picot edge is great. Why don't I do those more often? Hmm...

5:42 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Wonderful socks... you are so prolific!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Say what?! I'm supposed to unpack my bag after a trip? Not just leave it beside my bed. Hmph.

Lovely socks, they look so perfect. Nice color for jeans, too.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782