knitnana: Sunday Sunday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Sunday...

And for once, it's a longer weekend, so I'm not wondering (yet!) where it's gone. I spent yesterday running errands and working on the vest for Vest-uary. Then today I've been really busy with cleaning and moving a bookcase from the upstairs bedroom down to the living room, then of course, filling it with books...DD came over with eldest grandson, and they both helped, for which I'm grateful! Running the vacuum, sorting thru some things for a yardsale, dusting...even hanging of a painting. It's been a day...

I've been promising you photos of the Mustang Sally Spiralucious and here they are, finally...this one shows that I really did a bit of blocking to ensure that the lace would stand out, as Mustang Sally STR is superwash sock yarn...

And here, thanks to DD is a photo of it on...(no, I didn't let her take a photo of me, as I was in "housecleaning grunge" mode)

I'm just delighted with it!
The specs:
Yarn: BMFA STR in Mustang Sally colorway.
Pattern: referenced with link above - Spiralucious by Anne Hanson of Knitspot.
Needles: size 3, 16-inch Harmony circulars from Knitpicks.
Time to knit: January 4 to February 7, 2009 (there was a space of about 3 weeks or so where I didn't knit it, as I was out of yarn and waiting for reinforcements to come from K to mail her leftover yarn from Canada! I'm eternally grateful, K!

Notes: None. I did nothing different from the other two of this pattern I've made - I love mine the best, but I suppose that's the way it's supposed to be? This will work nicely with the Knotty Gloves I made with most of my skein of Mustang Sally and my dress black coat. It's lovely and warm.

And if you haven't tried this pattern? You should!

More news?
Well, here is a SPOILER ALERT! (For Art Walk Sock Yarn Club members!) If you don't want to see February's club selection, then don't go any further, okay?

Petunia! This is another of Georgia O'Keefe's paintings done in yarn by the fabulous Roxanne of Zen Yarn Garden. She did two colorways this month, and I got the one I would have chosen, myself - the pink and purple (as if Roxie doesn't know perfectly well how I'd choose? lolol!)
I love it. It's gorgeous.

And now, a note about CC. She's okay. Still not perky, still not doing much more than sleep - oh, and eat, as this kitty eats whatever isn't nailed down. The only thing the vet could find was ... shhhh ... impacted anal glands. And the CC was mortified (Most kitties are) by the "treatment." I was glad the vet gave her 1/2 a baby aspirin, as I think it's helped her these past couple of days. At least she's not screaming at me every five minutes now. That's a huge improvement.

And The Meezer is finding an out of the way spot to hide in, as she hates it when I clean (another reason it's not done as often as it should be!)
Mommie put a towel on the box under her desk that she uses for a foot rest. Too bad, Mommie, it's my bed now!

10 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Very, very pretty!!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS! I love pink and purple, too!

Poor CC. My late cat, Simon, always got impacted anal glands. We went to the vet every four months like clockwork to get them taken care of. My vet knew I was on a budget and offered to teach me to express them so I could save some money. No, thank you, I told him. That was money well spent!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

Lurvz your spiralicious. I am going to knit one in Sanguine Gryphon Bugga, I think. But by the time I get around to it, it will be summer, I'm afraid.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

First, I'm glad to hear that CC is going to be OK (yucky stuff, but treatable!) :) I love your spiralucsious -- that color is stunning! And your art walk yarn is beautiful - what will you knit?

10:51 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Spiralicious is a beauty!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Spiralicious is just so lovely! I love the shot...grunge and all. I'm so happy CC is doing better. I'm sure Meezer is happier even if she isn't voicing it. :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The Spiralucious is beautiful!! I'm so glad that K had the yarn you needed to finish it. Hugs to both CC & the Meezer - any towel on a horizontal surface around here is fair game for a cat bed.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say good bye forever to your foot rest.

Spiralicious is really gorgeous!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

OOh, that is so gorgeous! I think I have to make it in silk, so I can snuggle it right next to my skin... any suggestions? I am glad to hear that CC is getting better...

7:31 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

What a beauty, that Spiralicious!

I'm also glad that Madame CC is a bit more comfortable. It was not until Rocky came to live with me that I even learned about reason behind "the scoots."

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!