knitnana: It's Only WEDNESDAY?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Only WEDNESDAY?

If you've missed me? I'm sorry...I'm not quite sure where this week has gone, it's been nutty. I promised you a blocked Spiralucious, but it's not blocked yet...so this will have to do:
See the cute "I *heart* sheep?" - a Christmas gift from Sis-in-Law, who is, tonight, even more appreciated than usual. 'Nuf said, not going into it, she knows why...but I love my sheepie.

Ruinwen awarded me this:
Photobucket
The official rules are as follows:

1. Copy the award to your site
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers
4. Link to those on your blog
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.

My seven bloggers are:
1. Opal who inspires me with her sense of color, the artistic photos she shares, and her special kitties! (plus she's in Hawaii, so you know that's just a really special place to be)
2. Lana who selflessly knits for those in need, every day.
3. Jane another charity knitter, who gets fired up over unfairness...often.
4. Jocelyn who knits and writes beautifully, and always, always, makes me think - just like I was back in grad school. And that reminds me that even tho' we get older, we don't lose our mental acquity as long as we stay challenged.
5. Catie who may not appreciate me doing this (she's pretty low-profile in blogland), but is one of the most talented and giving women I know (and I know many, so that's saying something). A local friend, Catie keeps trying to teach me about knitting monogamy, and I may someday learn - because I'm deeply impressed by the quality of knitting she produces in a small amount of time - an entire, exquisite lace shawl in a month, often of her own handspun. But she does it by knitting one thing at a time. I *heart* Catie!
6. Chris who is not just a talented knitter, but an amazing jewelry designer, and now is becoming a fabulous photographer as well...(yes, I know, photography is becoming an obsession of mine these days...but it's so critical to a good blog!)
7. Melanie a knitting librarian with a knowledge of literature that astounds me. Her sense of what's fair and right in the world and her ability to articulate it, moves me.

So there you have it...my seven Kreativ Bloggers.

And here's my special girl. She's a little on edge tonight as her housemate, the CC, isn't feeling all that well. Nothing could be found at the vet, but there is something very not right with CC and that makes both Meezer and me concerned...

She doesn't like me much, that CC, but I don't like when she's not feeling well, I can't pick on her then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, Sallee, thank you so much! This means a lot, especially coming from you -- I so admire your creativity, both in your blog, and in your sewing and your life! (And I love "talking" with you on email -- it makes me think, too :) )

11:31 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm sorry CC isn't better. :(

I love your Spiralucious...the color is just amazing! :)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

wow! thanks sallee! you're too kind. :)

spiralicious is gorgeous! it'll be beyond beautiful when it's blocked, i'm sure.

scritches to CC.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Sad to see the Meezer looking distraught. Hope things are on the mend at your house. I do look forward to seeing Spiraluscious blocked. In just your colors too!

12:37 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Thank you, Sallee!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!