knitnana: Knitters Coffee Swap 4, etc...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Knitters Coffee Swap 4, etc...

In a weak moment (I've had a few lately!) I signed up for Knitters Coffee Swap 4 (you can see the button posted in the sidebar, but here it is, again, since I like it so much!)

It's a swap where we KNOW who our partners are (I've had bad luck before with swaps, and have decided this is the only way to go!). Yesterday, I got an email from Corinne that we were partners, and we've already swapped the questionnaire, but I believe we're also supposed to post it on the blog, so here it is:
QUESTIONS:
1. Whole bean or ground? Ground for Auto-drip
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? either - I don't have a lot of decaf and that would be a nice touch!
3. Regular or flavored? I love hazelnut and I love chocolate raspberry!
4. How do you drink your coffee? both hot and iced; with either Equal or Sweet n Low - I love lattes but have sworn off them for the time being - too pricey!
5. Favorite coffee ever? Hmm....Starbucks I guess, but Panera's is pretty good, too.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I mix my local brewer's choco raspberry with Maxwell House French Roast (half and half!) every morning - to save on the cost of the flavored! lololol
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? I adore biscotti - the almond with a chocolate iced bottom...shortbread, Dove or Godiva Dark Chocolate!
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? hmm...not that I can think of.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? merino wool, alpaca, llama, camel, mohair
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? acrylic (but if it's in a sock yarn - Opal, Reggia, Trekking - it's okay!) - but I also will use Caron Simply Soft for chemo hats
11. What's on your needles? socks and lace, chemo hats, and cables
12. Favorite colors? purple, pink, red, black, gray
13. Allergies? angora, cigarette smoke
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? hmm...I'm not a yellow/orange fan (and green isn't me at all). I adore Siamese cat trinkets and such...

I'm looking forward to this. Corinne and I have had a spirited email exchange the past couple of days - our decorating styles are similar (at least those that we WISH we could have!), and her blog has a lot of really neat photos that I enjoyed perusing.

On the car front? I think I lost the battle. I was "granted" the left tire to match the right paid for by the insurance company, but I was responsible for the "betterment" - I am an accountant and I do know what that means...But somehow, in translation between a "bottom line" from the dealership before the negotiation and today when I picked the car up? The cost went UP from the price of 3 tires at $XXX.XX to a cost of 2 tires, plus the betterments of the 2 the insurance company agreed to pay for less betterments, for $XXX.XX PLUS about $65. Hmmm...is it any wonder I feel a trifle violated?

The car was cleaned inside and out and detailed (at "no charge") and looks better than it did when I bought it (except that the NEW headlight is much cleaner than the old one on the other side - I'm assured I can clean it up with the proper materials from the auto supply store...)

Hmm.
I hope I don't hear that I have one light "brighter" than the other, because at this point? I'm not going to pay for the kit to clean it. Maybe DD and SIL would like to consider getting the kit and doing the work for my birthday in July (when the weather is warmer)...that's a thought.

I've been busily working on things for my Etsy store surprise/special promo on Sunday...It was better than watching the MSNBC lineup and getting even more depressed about the economy after spending more money on an accident I didn't cause and wasn't cited for. Grr. I thought sewing might do my blood pressure more good, what do you think?

Then...I decided to spend a few minutes getting a good shot of TM...she wanted to play with the camera strap and this was the best of the lot:


In light of the Knitters' Coffee Swap? Doesn't that sweetie look just like a wonderful cup of dark roast with cream?

6 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

Hi,
Thanks for posting! I will post my questions soon. Love your cat. Sorry to hear about your car. What a bummer! Have a great day.
~Corinne

1:20 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

i'm so sorry to hear about the car. the swap sounds like a lot of fun though!

2:57 AM  
Blogger elaines630 said...

The swap does sound like a lot of fun! The few swaps I have done have been hit or miss, so I have been hesitant to do another one too. But I think that is one I would have done!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry about the car! :(

Your swap sounds fun! coffee...yarn...what's not to love? :)

Meezer you are so sweet as always! :)

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meezer does look coffee/latte-ish! Pretty kitty.

Peet's coffee is the best. Naturally. :)

Why do I think you're right that they wouldn't have pulled that on a man?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Yes she does. Or like a dark hot cocoa (which I've been craving lately)! I'm so sorry to hear about the car; don't get me started on insurance...

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!