knitnana: Banner Day
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Banner Day

I can't suitably process my feelings about our achievements as a nation on this inauguration day. I've been feeling quite overwhelmed by an event I surely never thought I'd live to see. I'm eternally grateful that it came far sooner than I anticipated. And I am hopeful for our country, indeed for our world, today.

I think better minds than mine will write of the historical significance. But right now I'm feeling an enormous sense of relief...

All that said, in my own corner of the world, I'm battling a touch of sinus (and hoping it doesn't get any worse), and in general am just plain pooped. Both my employer's and my client's annual reporting is complete...but not until I'd lost a weekend, and many nights of decent sleep. I take this stuff too much to heart, I guess, but I am nothing if not a perfectionist!

All is in the mail, as they say. Thank goodness.

So I ran in the ends of these today, my first FO of 2009!
The blue and green Berroco Sox, my first month's edition of the Personal Sock Club. I had a few extra ends to run in - but I think I did a pretty good job of matching the stripes, don't you?

Details:
Pattern: My standard toe-up sock - Judy's Magic Cast On, stockinette...varied only by a 2x2 ribbed cuff.
Yarn: Berroco Sox 1477 colorway
Needles: Knitpicks Options size 1.5 US, 16-inch circulars
Time to complete: January 1-20, 2009

They feel pretty good, too...and can you see how well they match MSNBC's Inauguration coverage banners?

A "banner" day, indeed!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Beautiful socks! The Inauguration speech was very moving. I hope you feel better soon! :)

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks! Having identical socks is a great achievement; choosing your news coverage to match them is a bit over-achiever, eh?

Hugs!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love those socks! But I'll confess that watching the inauguration was even better. Yes, relief, and, to my very great pleasure, a sense of inspiration. I loved his speech.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Your socks are gorgeous, great start to the year!

I agree, yesterday was a banner day! It will go down in history. And may I say...the U.S. of A. really does know how to throw a party!!!! :<)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

oh i envy your ability to get matching stripes! way to go! they're beautiful. :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I just love this kind of stripe patterning and have some very similar stuff that's another brand. Your's look great. Makes me wanna knit.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Hope you got to see a lot of the inaug. details! Oh, I love the colors of these socks... are you better now? Crossing my fingers for you.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!