knitnana: More Than Usual - TGIF!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, November 13, 2009

More Than Usual - TGIF!

This week at Weight Watchers they were having a half-price sale on cookbooks, so I indulged and picked up the Momentum Cookbook and almost the first thing I spied was their receipe for Sausage and Lentil Soup (with turkey kielbasa, one of my favorite things).

I had all of the ingredients on hand so Wednesday I made it and had my first (and last) serving for lunch yesterday. It was really, really good. Unfotunately, something did not agree with me, and I've paid dearly for that lunch. There's not a thing wrong with the recipe, nor the ingredients...but the remainder of that soup has gone to my daughter's house for dinner! (She was delighted)

(sigh)
I really have to accept that older tummies have to be cared for more gently. It's not something I'm happy about but, there are, indeed, worse things in this world.

The joint achiness from the cold rain and pressure changes was kept at bay till yesterday evening when it hit me hard! I'm finally starting to feel better (the storm has passed and finally late afternoon today, the sun came out, it will be 72 on Sunday, so they say!) but I'm still taking it easy, playing it safe. The past 24 hours or so haven't been much fun.

But - I think I mentioned that I dug out Helsinki Hat Scarf (Ravelry link) and began working on it again? I've been enjoying the amazing softness of the Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn and the wonderful way that yarn makes the cables pop! I wanted to show you, so I arrayed it on my knitting chair, under my Ott light so you could see the cables nicely, and off I went for the camera (it was just across the room!).

When I came back this is what I found:

(wouldn't you know I've got the opposite problem from Geraldine!

Long-time readers of my blog will remember that The Meezer is the perfect knitting cat, she doesn't chase yarn, and she leaves *most* needles alone (except bamboo), but she does have one minor compulsion...

Mohair drives her every bit as wild as catnip!

What? Like you have no compulsions? Mine's not that big a deal...I can stop anytime I want

Right, Meeze, right.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Of course the Meezer is on your scarf! Its gorgeous like she is, it's soft like she is, and the color shows off her points so well. You ARE knitting it for her, aren't you?!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Barbara-Kay said...

Mohair is "kitty crack"! I dare not knit with mohair lace-weight around the meezers.

Hope you'll feel better after the remnants of Ida are out of the picture. We really felt the effects of her coming up the gulf on our joints here, too.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I may have that same problem with silk ;) Don't you love the way cats always find their opposite color to lie on? Imagine the trouble I had when I had a black dog and a white cat!!

I'm sorry it's been a rough week, and I hope that you have a pain-free weekend! ((hugs))

11:49 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

ROTFL.. Just about any time I put knitting down, I'm going to find one of the cats (usually Boomer) using it as a sleeping pad.. Your soup looks delicious. I made vegetable curry last night that turned out more like soup, but it was yummy. {{{HUGS}}}

12:42 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

LOL! Oh Meezer, we do keep them on their toes, don't we. Mr Cheddar writes...


Soup, soup and more soup I can't get enough. I'm making another batch of my Black Bean recipe today. I also posted another soup today.

The scarf is beautiful btw.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I would expect Meezer to have great taste in yarn, given her chosen company.

I'm glad the weather is treating you better and I hope your tummy continues to improve.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!