knitnana: Ten on Tuesday...Redux Thankfulness
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...Redux Thankfulness

I shouldn't be too surprised that Ten on Tuesday this week asks us to list ten things we're thankful for. I've already listed 9 so far this month - on Thankful Thursdays. The fourth installment of three to make an even dozen has been written and you'll see it on Thursday. (They asked me first!)

So I kinda thought, rather than go off all willy-nilly and do whatever I wanted or totally disregard the spirit of Ten on Tuesdays, that I'd give you some of the "lesser" (or serious-to-semi-serious-to-light-hearted) things I'm thankful for...

1. My Subaru Forester. Roomy and great in bad weather, but not too far off the ground, with heated seats, and easy on the gas. I love it.
2. My yoga class. It's helping me rebuild the strength in my spine (OH! I've got a backbone!), and the calm in my soul that's been lacking (and I still have a long way to go, but I'm so glad I came back to it!)
3. My magazine stash...I will never run out of resource material in my interests. I can re-read to my heart's content (some of my passions have been decorating, yoga, Buddhism/Meditation, sewing, art quilting, knitting, history of needlework, feminism, herbalism, education...) and never worry about buying another magazine as long as I live - and it does keep me from buying new ones in certain subjects!
4. My knitting pattern stash. I can knit just about anything without spending another dime on patterns (of course, I doubt that will happen, but I could!)
5. My local library. As long as I've got a way to get there, I can read, watch movies, listen to books on CD for free. (Unless I forget to return on time and then it's a reasonable fee for being late!)
6. My public radio station. Soothes me with classics and jazz - and NPR (oh! That's their slogan!)
7. My computer. It's one of the few constant sources of communication - what would I do if I couldn't visit your blogs, send and receive emails, and surf Ravelry? I think I'd be lost! (Oh, and where else can you hear from the designer herself that the row gauge won't matter on this lovely sweater I hope to knit, but Ravelry? Now I can't wait to start!)
8. My knitting groups - both local and online. :)
9. My teddybear collection (and stuffed cats, too). Yes. I know. Shhhh...
10. My stash, which allows me to easily substitute a project for another in my Personal Sock Club. Yes, I know we don't have "sock yarn stashes" - there's no such animal - but I do have a lot of sock yarn and when the KP Imagination didn't work out for socks, I pulled out another skein:

Miss Muffin (one of my "silent" pets) is modeling the latest toe of Online Supersocke 100 Sierra Color which I bought at the very first NoSoKnit I ever went to. It's a wonderful striping tweed yarn, in olive-forest green-black with a touch of caramel tossed in for good measure. Not only are they gorgeous, but I am in love with this yarn - hmm...a competitor to Trekking XXL? Wow! I'd originally thought I'd gift this, but I'm really really going to be selfish here and keep them for myself.

Well. Shoot. That's not in the spirit of thankfulness, now is it?
*wink*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. I also think of Trecking XXL and Online as being of equal quality, which is to say wonderful. Enjoy!

There's a certain connectedness among bloggers when I see "my" calender in your current picture. Thanks for the reminder to turn the page to today. :-)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

lovely list! that online is a lovely color!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Sounds like the spirit of thankfulness to me! Just possibly not in the spirit of joyful giving. ;) That's next month's holiday.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!