Ten on Tuesday...Redux Thankfulness
So I kinda thought, rather than go off all willy-nilly and do whatever I wanted or totally disregard the spirit of Ten on Tuesdays, that I'd give you some of the "lesser" (or serious-to-semi-serious-to-light-hearted) things I'm thankful for...
1. My Subaru Forester. Roomy and great in bad weather, but not too far off the ground, with heated seats, and easy on the gas. I love it.
2. My yoga class. It's helping me rebuild the strength in my spine (OH! I've got a backbone!), and the calm in my soul that's been lacking (and I still have a long way to go, but I'm so glad I came back to it!)
3. My magazine stash...I will never run out of resource material in my interests. I can re-read to my heart's content (some of my passions have been decorating, yoga, Buddhism/Meditation, sewing, art quilting, knitting, history of needlework, feminism, herbalism, education...) and never worry about buying another magazine as long as I live - and it does keep me from buying new ones in certain subjects!
4. My knitting pattern stash. I can knit just about anything without spending another dime on patterns (of course, I doubt that will happen, but I could!)
5. My local library. As long as I've got a way to get there, I can read, watch movies, listen to books on CD for free. (Unless I forget to return on time and then it's a reasonable fee for being late!)
6. My public radio station. Soothes me with classics and jazz - and NPR (oh! That's their slogan!)
7. My computer. It's one of the few constant sources of communication - what would I do if I couldn't visit your blogs, send and receive emails, and surf Ravelry? I think I'd be lost! (Oh, and where else can you hear from the designer herself that the row gauge won't matter on this lovely sweater I hope to knit, but Ravelry? Now I can't wait to start!)
8. My knitting groups - both local and online. :)
9. My teddybear collection (and stuffed cats, too). Yes. I know. Shhhh...
10. My stash, which allows me to easily substitute a project for another in my Personal Sock Club. Yes, I know we don't have "sock yarn stashes" - there's no such animal - but I do have a lot of sock yarn and when the KP Imagination didn't work out for socks, I pulled out another skein:
Miss Muffin (one of my "silent" pets) is modeling the latest toe of Online Supersocke 100 Sierra Color which I bought at the very first NoSoKnit I ever went to. It's a wonderful striping tweed yarn, in olive-forest green-black with a touch of caramel tossed in for good measure. Not only are they gorgeous, but I am in love with this yarn - hmm...a competitor to Trekking XXL? Wow! I'd originally thought I'd gift this, but I'm really really going to be selfish here and keep them for myself.
Well. Shoot. That's not in the spirit of thankfulness, now is it?