knitnana: The Weekends Are Always So Short!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Weekends Are Always So Short!

Even if I do get a lot done, I usually end up wondering how Sunday night got here so fast...it's not a lack of a feeling of accomplishment, I promise you - because I really did a lot this weekend!

I'll start by thanking everyone who commented on my sweater advice question on Friday night, and for those who emailed me privately. I think I'm going to be fine with the row gauge. And will probably embark on this sweater journey in December, possibly after Christmas when things settle into a bit of a lull in Knitnana-land.

I frogged the Red Hat Sock (that's what I've been thinking of it as, even if it is called Wicked Stepmother...). I will use the yarn for Jo Sharp's Misty Garden Scarf from Scarf Style.

I can't cast on for it, right now, because I'm using my size 8 bamboo straights on the yoga pillow. Which is almost 1/2 done. I've got to figure out the filler for the pillow and then determine if a ready-made one, purchased, is appropriate, or if it would be possible to recycle the stuffings from something I already have (oh! Recycled Sari Silk yoga pillow with recycled pillow stuffings? Poetry!).

I spent yesterday alternately running up and downstairs doing laundry and at the cutting table cutting out orders for Nana Sadie Rose. I'll be taking orders for the holidays up through November 28, and possibly beyond, so get with me if a Nana Sadie Rose item is on your wish or gift list for this year?

And for dinner, I made myself a huge pot of Veggie Spaghetti. It was yummy and I'll be enjoying it for a couple more days...I finished the evening off by working on the Helsinki Hat Scarf - those cables are just the thing, lately, to wind down with and the yarn (Lamb's Pride Bulky) is just heavenly...so soft and warm!

Then, today I vacuumed. Please don't fall over. (I almost did!) The downstairs is seriously lacking in cat fur, but just wait five minutes and The Meezer and CC will take care of that, forthwith! *wink*

I still need to dust. But after the vacuuming, I had to have a lie-down! heheh...

Finally, I finished off a couple of Knitnana Totes. These were ordered by one of my very best customers (Hi, Big Sis!) for two of four(!) expectant mom's in her life. This fabric, long, long out of print, is about our favorite for Mother's bags (once known as diaper bags, but that, I suppose, dates me terribly, no?)
Every so often I luck into some of this and we tend to squirrel it away for more or less personal use...I do, however have a little, if you know of a soon-to-be mom who'd like a Mera, perhaps? They make great little day-packs when Mom's running just a few errands. Big Sis and Sis-in-Law are known for gifting one of these stuffed with baby's necessities at either the shower or baby birth gift occasion...

Anyway, I have other baby fabrics available of course, and there are tons of different prints out there, too. Big Sis has chosen a different print for her other two gifts. They're not needed for a bit and, not to worry, the mom's don't read my blog, so the surprises are safe (they also don't know each other, so the likelihood of seeing each other with a similar bag is slim, too)!

So now? I think I'll go see what the pillow situation is around here. Oh. And get ready for work tomorrow, too!

Have a great (short) week!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Barbara-Kay said...

A very satisfactory weekend, all things considered. It will be interesting to read what you choose for your pillow "innards" (term chosen in deference to the upcoming holiday). :-)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

Have you ever wondered why knitters and cats are so often paired? We have 3 who run our house and the Border Collie.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Wow - you achieved a lot! My weekend was very laid back, as I'm taking vacation this week and sometimes just need to be a slug for a couple of days to get a burst of energy going later. You have inspired me (to at least go get dressed!).

10:16 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Ooh, you got your copy of Simon's Cat already? Awesome!

Sorry I missed your sweater question! I try not to even click on a blog on the weekends (unless I'm already at work) but glad you got some help!

Those duckies are cute! That veggie spaghetti sounds really delicious. I like your other blog for the details on the food. Yum, food. :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger VPI Dyes said...

Oh my gosh WHERE did you find that duck fabric?! My brother-in-law, who is a nearly 7ft tall large Swedish man, used to have a pair of "duckie pants" as he called them, which were just simple pajama pants with blue background and yellow rubber ducks on them. He bought them from Walmart probably 8 years ago and has been searching high and low for them ever since (now they are tattered rags). I would love to sew him a pair for Christmas but I just haven't found anything satisfactory around here!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

you sure got a lot done! i know exactly what you mean about sunday coming too soon. sunday evening's appear in a blink of an eye. whereas friday evening's arrive at a slug's pace. sad isn't it? thank goodness this is a short week! :D

4:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

That's a very productive weekend! No wonder it went so quickly. I love those bags (and if it makes you feel any better, I call them diaper bags, too -- since Rick carried one when he went out with the girls, "mother" bag just didn't seem right!) ;)

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!