knitnana: Is It ONLY Wednesday? Well...Surprise!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Is It ONLY Wednesday? Well...Surprise!

Yes, it was "one of those days" several times over today...(Is Sock Summit soon? I need a vacay so very very badly!). I was all over the place, never a dull moment, phone calls, errands, worried nerves needing calming (mine, especially!), and just generally a day with no space to breathe, or even think very much. And certainly I didn't get to pick up the needles till I sat down in the waiting room to get the oil changed in the Forester tonight! And I didn't even get an entire pattern repeat done on those socks! They were that fast (whew, one more thing off the pre-trip list).

But it was there, in the quick lube place, that I suddenly thought, "I'd forget my head if it weren't attached!"

Um.

That's EXACTLY WHAT I DID! I forgot my HEAD (as it wasn't attached, you see):

Yup...Isn't she wonderful? She was a surprise (an April 1st surprise!) from Karen

The Meezer isn't so sure what to make of her, she didn't get very close, just sniffed a couple of times and gave her a wide berth otherwise!


The box arrived at the office today and I couldn't imagine what was inside...I squeeled when I opened it and saw her! I've visited Karen's blog and seen her's, mentioned it to her a time or two, looked at them on ebay, drooled but not bought, thinking that one day I'd get one, but not right now.

I did manage to get a thank-you email off to Karen...and then -

Then the whole world went crazy and I raced and scrambled thru the day, desperately trying to put out fires (I HATE days like that!) while also trying to do the normal end-of-month tasks, too. Sometimes I think I need a second head, you know?

Well...I waltzed right out the door tonight and left her there and when I remembered? Well, I'll tell you what, I drove right back to the office and brought her home where she belongs (tho' she was very safe behind my locked office door, still, I wanted her here, to photo and show you all, and to know she was safe!)
Thank you, Karen for such a really special gift, you shouldn't have, but I love her love her love her...

Karen asked me what I was going to name her, and I said, "Well, that's easy! 'Karen!' - so that everytime I look at her, I'll remember you!"

(And the post title? Well, for me? It's NOT Wednesday...it's Thursday a day early, as tomorrow's my Friday - which is a really good thing, because today was at least 3 days long, ya know? Long, but oh so special!)
lolol

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! What an excellent surprise to help make up for an insane day. She's gorgeous!! I can't wait to see her modelling some hats :)

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, one of your heads will always be a serene beauty, no matter how frantic the real beauty becomes.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Hi,
I love her, too!!...so pretty. You are so funny, running back to the office...LOL
~Corinne

1:02 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Work it, Karen, work it! Red heads are just so saucy. :o)

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!